Chapter 18: Sit back and grab some popcorn

(As you can see in the title I put together I'm going to be writing 'The Dark Side Of Encanto'! Which I'm really excited to write! Of course, I'm going to finish this story which I've already written 18 chapters for which is the longest story I've ever written on Wattpad! Just so you know, I'm trying to keep up with the comments and... well, I lost track, so I'm sorry if I miss your questions! And just so you know, this story IS going to have a happy ending, what kind of writer do you take me for? Anyway, I GOT A SNOW DAY TODAY! SO NO SCHOOL! Well, I have a little school work online, BUT I DIDN'T HAVE TO GO TO SCHOOL TODAY! So this entire chapter is brought to you by today's snow day! Enjoy lovely's!)

Y/N'S PERSPECTIVE:

I may have overreacted when I first started to set up the pranks but as it continued to set things up and when Camilo joined in the planning it was getting pretty fun. I had finished grabbing all the tiny bells I could find in Camilo's costume room and I met up with him and the many kids he had gathered.

"Are you sure the walls are safe?" I asked Camilo.

"Oh, yeah, when we rebuilt the house we turned it into a place where the animals could crawl behind, you hear the odd sound every once and a while," He shrugged.

"Ok, here, take these and go play tag in the walls!" I told the kids, handing out the little bells that could annoy our favourite eavesdropper. The kids took them and then disappeared behind the painting. I snickered.

"Oh, everything ready now, and just in time, are you ready for lunch?" I asked Camilo. We had mixed together all of Mirabel's thread which always resulted in making many knots to untangle. For Pepa, we put some sand in her shoes, but since Felix, my ma, and Luisa didn't really make my list for 'One's who would purposely prank me' I let them off easy with pebbles in their shoes.

I loved Antonio but Camilo still held a grudge against him ever since he told everyone about his sleepwalking and talking so we spent some time placing food for the animals under couches, tables and basically everywhere no one would notice, the animals would go crazy finding them. Agustín had teased Camilo and you so of course we were set something up for him, drones, the male bees, don't have stingers, so I gathered some from the hives in a disguise and brought them back to set free when the time was right. And last but not least, Bruno. Pranking him was pointless since he could see whatever came his way, so we agreed to leave him alone... For now.

We had now made it to the table before anyone else and we waited. We talked casually about donkeys and a solution to fixing the fences for good.

"We could just tie them all to posts,"

"You could. but they need a wide range of land to wander in, and the rope could tangle up or get tied around the post, so it's not very safe, we mind as well just get an electric fence," I said. Pepa came into the room with Felix. Neither of them had changed shoes, but that was ok, it didn't matter when, they would eventually.

"I like the sound of that one, 'electric fence' what does it do?" Camilo asked.

"It gives them a little shock when they touch it," I tried to explain.

"Like magic?"

"Nah, but it would seem like that to you," I laughed.

"Happy birthday dear," Pepa said with a nervous smile. Felix on the other hand looked completely confused at why his wife was worrying.

"Y/n, you're getting pretty old, you may outage me!" Felix joked.

"Haha, yeah, so, is everyone else coming or did something come up?" I asked, going for a nonchalant look.