Chapter 26

"Let me tell you and then you can ask questions

"Let me tell you and then you can ask questions." Dad states as everyone watches quietly.

What is happening? Is it something about what happened at the cafe?

"We are part of the mafia." Dad informs me as everyone tenses up.

That is impossible what even is a mafia?

"Haha you are so funny you almost scared me there, what even is a mafia? A mob or something?" I chuckle thinking they are joking but seeing no ones face change from serious. The smile on my face vanishes.

WHAT THE FUCK!

"What?" I question confused as I push my chair out fast getting up.

"Thats-that's impossible." I stutter out confused.

I gaze around the room to see everyone looking at me with pity and my brother staring at me with a bit of guilt.

"And none of you told me." My eyes glaze over with tears as I look around now angry.

"Is- is that why the shooting thing happened when we went to the restaurant?" I face my dad asking him. But I  get no response from anyone.

The only people I have really ever trusted all hid something from me.

The only people who made me feel cared for all kept a secret from me.

After I told them my biggest secret they didn't believe they could trust me enough to expose their own secrets.

"I- I need to be alone." I whisper out as I run out of the room and upstairs to my bedroom.

I sit in the silence as I feel an urge to talk to Sophia. She always helps me and gives the best advise.

I pick up my phone and dial Sophia's number calling it as I silently sob. I feel betrayed.

On the second ring she picks up.

"Hello, Who is this?" She questions as I smile slightly from hearing her voice after so long.

"Sophia." My voice breaks, I place my hand on my mouth trying to silence a sob so she doesn't hear.

"Liliana? What's wrong, why are you crying?" She panics after probably hearing the muffled sob escape my lips.

"I- I miss you so much." I ignore her question as I continue talking.

"Do your new family treat you well? If you want I can get a flight out to wherever you are tomorrow." She hurriedly told me.

Ever since we were younger she has always took care of me when anything happened. She is like a sister to me.

"My family treat me good and I need to ask my dad before I call you around but I just found out they have been hiding something from me this whole time." I inform her as I begin to hear knocking at my door.

"Well maybe they kept it a secret to keep you safe. Have you thought about that yet?" Sophia inquires making me think.

She is right, they could have just been trying to protect me by keeping it a secret but I still don't think they should have hid it from me.

"No but maybe your right I should probably go talk to them." I sniffle slightly as I think about it. This is why Sophia is always the first person I go to because she always has the best advise when I need it.

"Sure please call me, love you." She says as I ignore whoever is at the door.

"Bye see you soon, love you more." I reply cutting the call as I try drying my tears. However, it's no use because as soon as I wipe my tears fresh ones leave my eyes blurring my vision.

"Principessa I'm sorry we didn't tell you but can you at least tell us if your okay." I hear Valentino say from the other side of the door as I begin replaying what dad said in my head.

I mean they did take me in ignoring the fact that I was abused and never said anything against me, buying me whatever I wanted.

The knocking continues as I finally decide to reply. "I'm fine, just give me 2 minutes to think and I will be downstairs to ask my questions." I explain as I hear footsteps retreat from outside my door.

I sigh in relief but I need to ask them if Sophia can come around for a bit.

After collecting myself I go to the bathroom and freshen up before walking downstairs to the now silent room.

As I walk in, everyone looks towards me with a glint of hope in their eyes.

"Please say your not leaving bambola." Lorenzo stands up worry laces his words.

"Don't worry I'm not going anywhere and even if I wanted too I don't have anywhere to go. I'm just upset you didn't tell me before." I mention sitting in my seat beside dad.

Throughout the room, I hear everyone let out a sigh of relief as some whisper something to themselves.

"Now can someone explain what a mafia actually is because I know it's more than just a mob." I confess feeling a bit dumb for not knowing.

"A mafia is like an illegal organisation which sells drugs and weapons. I am the mafia boss now and this mafia has been in our line of blood for 50 years so we don't have a choice of not being in the mafia." Angelo slowly explains as I sit their shocked.

"What mafia is this?" I add wanting to know more.

"We are the Italian mafia so the biggest mafia in the whole world." Dad answers as my jaw drops.

I have heard of the Italian mafia once before and that was because they were accused of killing someone.

"Um have you ever killed someone?" I question but I can guess that they probably have because of the day at the restaurant.

Hearing this, I see everyone visibly tense looking at one another.

"Y-yes Principessa we have but it was either them or us we didn't have a choice." Angelo assures me while I just nod not having it in me to talk.

I Remember something I saw on a movie and ask the one question I actually cared for the answer about.

"Does this mafia include sex trafficking?" I nervously inquire making eye contact with Angelo.

"Not anymore we used to more than 30 years ago but something happened in our family causing us to stop sex trafficking." Angelo responds as I let out a sigh of relief.

Thank fuck I don't know what I would have done if he said he did.

But what happened? He didn't add to that so I left it. They will probably tell me soon enough.

"Do you have any more questions?" Valentino inquires as I shake my head no.

"Let's go to the living room for a little bit." Angelo speaks up smiling at me slightly.

We all get up leaving the table as the guards disperse to begin doing their jobs.

New chapter! I hope you like it.