Part 2; Amnesia

I looked around the room and spotted him asleep on the floor near the bedroom door. I strode over to him and knelt down next to him, shaking him awake.

"Marzia?" he asked groggily. "Are we dead?"

I chucked a bit.

"No, we're still alive." I answered.

"Good." He said, sitting up on the floor. The ceiling creaked and shook, causing dust to spill from it, showering us in dirt. A low growl came from above, along with heavy footsteps.

"Oh no.." Felix groaned. "Its the bro.."

"The bro?!" I asked. "What the hell is that?"

"The monster in Amnesia! That's probably where we are right now!" He explained, frantically getting up and going to the desk by the door. He started opening drawers and cupboards, grabbing everything he could. He took a look at the covers of books before tossing them aside. He was able to find us a lantern with a couple oil fillers, three tinderboxes, and a key labeled 'Bedroom door'. I spotted a note on the bookshelf. Is this note like the ones in the forest? I picked it up and started to read. No, these were written by a human. They were more informative. It read:

Dear room owner,

There have been many attacks on the people staying here by a lurking nightmare from hell. We have advised all of the surviving room owners to leave the inn immediately. I've locked all the doors as a safety precaution. There is a key in the second drawer of the desk. Use that to get out of the room. I wish you luck.

Sincerely, Dave, the Inn manager.

Felix already found the key, which meant we could leave this room. I wasnt so sure if I even wanted to leave the room but if that's the only way out, so be it.

"Felix." I said. "Use the key on the door."

Felix nodded in response as he made his way to the door, pushing the key into the lock and turning it, the lock clicking. He slowly turned the door knob, opening it into a dark corridor. Another growl came from above and more shuffling footsteps caused dust to fall.

"Are you sure we should do this?" Felix asked, looking right and left into the corridor.

"We have to." I replied, filling the lantern with oil and lighting it. "Come on."

I grabbed his hand and cautiously stepped out the bedroom doorway. We made our way through the corridor, walking as close as we could to each other. I held his hand tightly, making sure we stayed together in this hell. Luckily, we had the lantern to help us stay sane. We could still hear groans from upstairs, which was both nervewracking and calming. It meant that there was a monster, but it wouldn't be where we were going. Hopefully...

We reached another door at the end of the corridor. I opened it slowly and peered inside. It was another bedroom, quite like the one we first started in. We looted around a bit and only came across a couple tinderboxes.

"Useless room." Felix said, opening one last drawer. He grabbed my hand again and we left the room, going back to where we started. We almost got to where the door was, until we realized it wasn't there at all.

"Um, maybe it's a little further.." I whispered to Felix, gripping his hand tighter. We kept walking when suddenly, my lantern went out.

"I swear I just filled it!" I said, preparing to put more oil in it. Then, all of the candles in the corridor lit, and a gust of wind blew between Felix and I, making us shiver. A ringing sound echoed around us. Felix pulled me forward and started running in what seemed like an endless corridor. I could sense something large tailing us, the hairs on the back of my neck sticking up, goosebumps all over my skin.

"Its the bro!" Felix cried to me, sprinting even faster now. Dust whirled around from our feet, nearly blinding us. The ringing sound got louder and louder until finally a door appeared at the end of the corridor. We pushed through it, slamming the door after. I leaned against the door with my back to it and I slid to the floor, pulling my knees up. Felix instead took a look around where we were now. Sweat trickled down my forehead, my breath uneven. I couldn't feel my hands, for they were numb. My head pounded, making my eyelids feel heavy. I was done.

"Drink this." Felix kneeled in front of me, holding a small bottle with a green label. Sanity Potion, it read. "It'll rid of the headache."

I slowly took the bottle and uncorked it, downing it like a shot. The drink burned down my throat like alcohol, but relieved me from the pain behind my eyes.

"Thanks." I smiled weakly. I got up from the floor, taking in my surroundings. We were in what looked like a wine cellar. There were barrels lining up around the walls, and an island in the middle with moldy food and tinderboxes filling it. The door behind me wasn't locked, but it seemed like nothing but us could get through it. The ringing had already stopped and we were free from whatever 'the bro' was, for now.

I gathered up the tinderboxes as Felix started to throw the barrels around everywhere. There was a key covered in rust hidden under the barrel far in the corner. Felix threw the barrel across the room, sneered at it, and picked up the key, smiling to himself.

"Stupid barrel." he said. "You thought you could hide this from me?" Felix laughed really creepily. I stared at him for a bit, before grabbing the last tinderbox and putting in the small satchel I had with me.

"Okay let's get going." I said to Felix, taking a sweeping look around the room. There was another door across from the one we came in. I hurried over to it and tried the door knob. It swung open, creaking loudly. It opened into a room bathed in red light. I stepped into the room, Felix right behind me. The room was like an enlarged hallway with a small circle in the middle of the room. It was like a tiny stage, with an iron maiden placed on top of it. Something told me that we shouldn't go in here, but I pushed that thought in the back of my mind. I told Felix to stay close to me as I inched slowly towards the iron maiden. I grabbed between the doors of the iron maiden and opened them. They creaked loudly in the empty room, echoing against the walls. Inside lay a single rusted key and a tinderbox. I picked up both and stuffed them in my satchel. A faint growl could be heard just outside the room.

"Oh no.." Felix moaned in fear. "He's here."