Chapter 17: Kiss

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share!

You can listen to any song with this chapter but I recommend listening to Swim by Chase Atlantic ;) It's the song I wrote this chapter to {speed up version} ;)

Get ready, my loves :).

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

☾︎ Maeve ☽︎

"Maeve," Silas calls out but I take a few steps away from him and walk the other way, leaving him unaccompanied.

This can't be happening.

I can't fall for him, but I already did.

Kayla was right, I was lying to her and myself. Why the hell is she always right?

I stroll through the hallway ignoring Kayla and directly went up to my room. I let my hair fall loose, my hand moving through my hair.

A knock is heard from the door, "Can I come in?" Kayla's voice asked, I told her yes and she barged in shutting the door behind her. "What happened?" She questions me with genuine fear.

"You were right. You're always right," I laugh at the last part rubbing my temples. "What do you mean? Wait-." She raises her eyebrows in surprise, her jaw nearly touching the ground.

"You're starting to like Silas?"

I inhale sharply after she says his name. "I'm so dumb, I go around telling myself to not fall for him. But what happened, exactly I fricking fell for him." I huff, going through my hair with my hand yet again.

Kayla gives me a sympathetic smile, she steps closer caressing my shoulder, "May, it's alright. You don't choose who you get to like, you'll have to accept it."

"No, I'm not going to accept it. It will only lead to me having a shattered heart," I warn her, pacing around the room. My head feels like it's going to blow up.

"I'll just avoid him, that helps right?" I glance at Kayla with hope on my face, she shrugs. "Avoiding isn't going to get you anywhere." She speaks and I brush it off.

We'll see.

Just avoid him.

Easy.

"Do you want to go on a walk? I don't want to stay here but I'm going to shower first," I tell her, opening the bathroom door. She nods, "Sure, I'll wait for you downstairs." She turns away and leaves my room.

I lock my bedroom door and head over towards my closet, picking some comfortable clothes after I've showered.

I enter my bathroom and lock it, stripping down to nothing. I turn on the shower and step inside.

The warm water ran down my hair onto my sore body due to the training. I huff thinking about current events, I go around telling myself that I despise him but look at what happened.