Chapter 14

Charlie's POV

August burst into our apartment first thing in the morning. Presley was still out doing his perimeter check, and I was making breakfast for the both of us while he was out. I cut up some strawberries and nicked myself when the elder omega swung into the door. Hissing, I dropped the knife, automatically bringing my injured finger to my mouth.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." August ran into the kitchen, grabbing a clean washcloth out of one of the drawers. I didn't understand what he was saying, but I could tell he was apologizing from the tone of his voice. He frantically grabbed my hand away from my mouth and wrapped the finger up with the towel.

"Is okay," I replied, looking down at the cutting board with tiny droplets of my blood on it. "I okay."

"I didn't mean to scare you." He frowned.

He pushed me out of the kitchen and made me sit down on the couch in the living room while he cleaned up the mess in the kitchen. When I realized what he was doing, I tried to go in there to help him, but the smaller omega shooed me back out of the kitchen. He kind of reminded me of my mama when I would get hurt. She would be so adamant about making me rest while she did the work. August's gestures made me miss my mama. It made me wonder how my family was doing; I hadn't called them yet, aside from the night I met Presley's family and told her about how meeting his family had gone.

August came into the living room, holding a mug. He held it out for me to grab; I gently took it from him and clasped both hands around it, pulling it up to my face. He had made me hot chocolate.

"We'll wait for Presley to get back?" He raised his eyebrow with a questioning gaze.

I hummed in response when August mentioned my mate. We sat in comfortable silence together, both of us sipping from our mugs of hot chocolate in unison. My stomach started to growl, hungry still, but I knew I would most likely be stopped if I tried to go anywhere near the kitchen again.

"Would you like me to cook you breakfast?" The elder omega asked. I blushed and nodded in response. August sat his mug down on the coffee table and got to his feet, disappearing back into the kitchen. I sat my mug back down onto the table and decided to look at my finger. I peeled the towel August had given me back and realized that the cut was worse than I thought. It still bled, and it looked like I cut the tip of my finger completely off.

I hissed in pain, covering the wound back to put some pressure on it. I got to my feet and walked back into the kitchen. August stood at the stove, stirring eggs in a pan. He turned his head when I entered.

"Hospital?" I put my hand in the air. August turned off the burner and moved the pan off of the stove. He grabbed my towel-covered hand and opened the rag, revealing my sliced open finger.

"Fuck," He muttered to himself. "Presley's gonna kill me." He closed his eyes, running his hand through his brown and silver hair. "I'm gonna take you to the infirmary. I'll link Mateo to meet us there."

---

"Doctor Miles says that you need to continuously clean and put ointment on the wound so it properly heals. Luna August has apologized in thirty different ways by now." Mateo chuckled.

"I know he didn't mean to shock me like that, so he doesn't need to apologize. I think I'm more upset that I didn't get to finish cooking breakfast, and it seems like I won't be able to do that until my finger heals." I pouted.

"Tuck that lip back in Luna Charlie." I furrowed my brow's at Mateo's words.

"I was just coming over to get an early start to the full moon ceremony in the next few days." August quickly explained when Presley entered the infirmary room.