(48) Rewrite the Stars

Hi guys!
I'm sorry for not posting in so long T-T
Anyways, I've got a new one shot! I wanted to try making a musical one, because I recently did something similar in one of my other books and had a lot of fun with it!

For some backstory, (Yn) and Ahkmenrah both like each other, but (Yn) is scared for them to try and get together because of the whole tablet thing keeping Ahk from leaving the museum. She doesn't want her heart to get broken by them always being separate.

The song is 'Rewrite the Stars' from The Greatest Showman, so if you haven't already seen/heard the song, I highly recommend doing so before reding this one-shot!

Enjoy!

.
.
.

:-:(Yn)'s POV:-:

Our lips slowly part. I could feel shivers running through my body after my first kiss. Our first kiss. I gaze into Ahkmenrah's beautiful chocolate-brown eyes. Everything was so perfect and yet...it wasn't. I feel my heart break in two. No matter how much we loved on another, how were we supposed to make a relationship work? Ahkmenrah is a magical Pharoh from ancient Egypt, for crying out loud! I swallow the lump that has formed in my throat. I slowly put my hands on Ahk's chest. "I-I can't..." I whisper, pushing him away. "We...we can't be together." Tears begin to well up in the corner of my eyes.

Ahkmenrah looks at me with hurt eyes. "(Yn)..."

"I'm so sorry." I softly say, beginning to leave the Egyptian wing.

A: "You know I want you,

It's not a secret I try to hide.

You know you want me,

So don't keep saying our hands are tied."

I stop in my tracks and turn around to face Ahkmenrah.

Ahk slowly walks towards me.

A: "You claim it's not in the cards

And fate is pulling you miles away

And out of reach from me,"

The pharaoh gently takes one of my hands in his own. He carefully places it over his heart.

A: "But you're here in my heart,

So, who can stop me if I decide that you're my destiny?"

I shake my head and take a step back. I couldn't risk anymore heartbreak. Ahkmenrah smiles warmly at me.

A: "What if we rewrite the stars?

Say you were made to be mine~

Nothin' could keep us apart

You'll be the one I was meant to find~"

I turn away from him, as he hugs me from behind.

A: "It's up to you, and it's up to me.

No one can say what we get to be

So why don't we rewrite the stars?"

He takes my hands and spins me in a circle, and I end up close to his chest.

A: "And maybe the world could be ours tonight~"

I quickly pull myself away from his grasp and run to one of the pillars decorating the Pharoh's tomb. I lean against it and take a deep breath.

(yn): "You think it's easy,"

You think I don't wanna run to you, yeah~

But there are mountains

And there are doors that we can't walk through."

I slowly pace around and trace my finger along the hieroglyphics carved into the pillar. I look back over at Ahkmenrah who was gazing at me with confused eyes.

(Yn): "I know you're wondering why,

Because we're able to be just you and me within these walls.

But when we go outside

You're gonna wake up and see that it was hopeless after all..."

A single tear breaks away from the barriers I had created within my eyes. Ahk holds me in his loving arms and gently removes it with his thumb.

(Yn): "No one can rewrite the stars,

How can you say you'll be mine?"

I quickly push out of his arms and spin around to the opposite side of the pillar.

(Yn): "Everything keeps us apart,

And I'm not the one you were meant to find~

It's not up to you, it's not up to me, yeah

When everyone tells us what we can be~"

Ahk peeks around the pillar and slowly begins walking towards me.

(Yn): "And how can we rewrite the stars?

Say that the world can be ours tonight~"

I start walking around the pillar in the same direction, so that we were always on opposite sides of one another.

T(Together): "All I want is to fly with you~

All I want is to fall with you~

So just give me all of you~"

I walk right into Ahkmenrah's arms, and he smiles at me with hopeful eyes. I wanted to be in his caring arms like this forever.

(Yn): "It feels impossible~"

A: "It's not impossible~"

(Yn): "Is it impossible?"

T: "Say that it's possible~"

Ahk gently cups my face in his hand. I put my own hand over top of his.

T: "How do we rewrite the stars?

Say you were made to be mine

And nothing can keep us apart~"

We slowly gravitate towards the center of the room and dance in one another's arms.

T: "'Cause you are the one I was meant to find~

It's up to you, and it's up to me

No one can say what we get to be

And why don't we rewrite the stars?"

We lovingly gaze into each other's eyes.

T: "Changing the world to be ours~"

Ahkmenrah smiles at me as we embrace. We bring our lips close together, but right before they connect, the timer on my watch goes off. It was like an alarm waking me up from an amazing dream. I look down and check the time. It was almost sunrise. I back away out of Ahk's arms and look away. Tears well up in my eyes.

(Yn): "You know I want you~

It's not a secret I try to hide."

I slowly walk out of the room. I look over my shoulder at Ahkmenrah, who had his own tears falling down his cheeks. I felt my heart break at seeing him so upset, but I knew that this was the right thing to do.

(Yn): "But I can't have you~

We're bound to break, and my hands are tied."