ᴇɪɢʜᴛ

☟︎

                 True to Erin's words, jay found himself stood outside of gabbys hospital room as his partner sat inside whilst dr Charles evaluated the teenager, his heart really breaks for this kid... How on earth could a grown man be so confident in himself to intentionally hurt a child? He doesn't get it.

He was snapped out of the thought when Erin left the hospital room, alone. Jay nodded in her direction as Erin began walking away from the room slightly, "dr Charles wants to admit her to the psychiatric ward for a week, he said she's overwhelmed with trauma, it's what caused all this to begin with. He needs to keep an eye on her" she shook her head angrily.  Jays eyes widened, "right, okay, so where are we going?" He looked around since he could see Erin about to leave med, "to grab some clothes for gabby, I'll fetch some of mine down and we'll talk to hank about getting Scott's ass nailed" she sighed sadly. Jay nodded sadly and followed along, this kid will get justice.

~

                 "How're you feeling, gabby? Can I get you a drink or anything?" Dr Charles entered gabbys room again.  The teenager shook her head but smiled weakly, "no thanks" she kept her head down. She's been alone for an hour or two now, and all of her belongings have been confiscated. Her phone, her clothes, even the wire from her bra... literally everything, just so she can't hurt herself again. Dr Charles smiled and sat down, "how do you feel about this?" He pointed to the restraints around her wrists. Gabby looked down and wiggled her hands, "it's pointless" she sighed. Dr Charles nodded, "okay, and why'd you think that?" He smiled softly. Gabby huffed, "because I'm not gonna hurt myself" she shrugged in annoyance, this whole situation is annoying.

"Well I'm sure you won't, I have a lost of trust in you gabby. But it's a measure we have take to ensure your safety, it's just standard protocol" dr Charles smiled sadly. Gabby nodded and drew her lips into a thin line, "how about we make a deal? if you can prove to me that you're gonna comply with us, I'll have a nurse remove the restraints before you go to sleep in a few hours" he nodded encouragingly. Gabby nodded and smiled softly, "we got a deal?" He stood up. She laughed slightly, "yeah, we got a deal" she nodded thankfully.

~

                   Erin found herself stood in the doorway of gabbys psych ward room at around 10:25pm, gabby was currently asleep and jay was grabbing the pair a coffee.  She looked up when she heard dr Charles approaching, "she's a tough one to crack" he shoved his hands in his jacket pockets.  Erin nodded, "yeah she's stubborn" she smiled softly.  Dr Charles nodded, "two weeks is only a precautionary limit we set, she could be here longer, or maybe even shorter. But I'll stay in touch, have you got a housing arrangement sorted out for when she leaves?" He looked over at the detective.  Erin slowly nodded, "yeah, I got it all planned out" she watched gabby sleep in a curled up ball.

                  "She's gonna need a lot of love when she's feeling better" he nodded.  Erin smiled softly, "oh she'll get it, don't worry" she nodded.  "Everything okay?" Jay placed the coffee in Erin's hand.  Erin nodded, "yeah, we should get going..." she admitted sadly.  Dr Charles nodded, "I'll give you daily updates" he smiled sadly.  Jay and Erin nodded, "thank you" jay smiled softly.  Erin shot him a sincere nod before jay lead her out of the psych ward.  This poor girl...

~

                 At around 2:45am, gabby woke up to see a nurse sat reading a newspaper in her doorway, she hates this already.  This 24 hour supervision thing really isn't going to work out, since she hates being watched.  She can't even have a shower in peace, it's like living in hell.  She just wants to see Erin and jay, they're her safe people.  But she can't help but wonder what her mom and Scott are up to, did they run? Did they get caught? Did Erin teach Scott a lesson? Only time will tell...

*hi guys, sooooo... I do apologise for the long break, but I'm gonna try and be more consistent. I'm sure you all relate when i say school can drain you lol.  But I'm glad to be back and I hope you enjoyed this shorter chapter :)*