16. Vanity

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Sofia Zanetti - POV

Just like that I was no longer Sofia Zanetti, but Sofia Russo.

We all stood outside, saying out last goodbyes before I got into the Rolls Royce which waited to take me to the Russo estate.

Lorenzo stood by the car, watching my family with a sharp eye. His vaporiser in his hand, clouds of vape disappearing into the midnight sky.

My father had to take my mother back inside as she broke down in tears. I gave Gabriella an awkward hug, her pregnant belly in the way.

"You best be here the second I go into labour" she said, tears rolling down her cheeks.

"I'll run away if I have to" I whispered before we pulled away.

"Try not to slaughter your husband or worse get yourself killed" I couldn't help but grin through the tears.

"Love you kid" Santino said as he wrapped his big arm around me then let go as their was one person left. Sebastian.

I turned to him and I couldn't hold back the sob.

He hugged me immediately, crushing me into him. My tears soaking his suit jacket as I wrapped my hands around him.

"I love you Sof" he said as we pulled away. I let out a laugh, wiping away the tears which fell down his cheeks.

"You said you'd never cry on my wedding day"

"I guess I lied" he held me as he walked me to the car.

I ignored Lorenzo's hard gaze on me, as he opened the front door for me.

"Hurt her and I will kill you" Sebastian sneered out at Lorenzo. My eyes wide as I watched him about to shove Lorenzo in the chest but was pulled away immediately by Santino. God that would've been a sight. Totally would've made my entire day.

Once both doors had shut and the engine roared out as we pulled away from the venue. We weren't going to Manhattan but to Long Island.

Lorenzo hadn't said a single word, and I preferred that. I pressed my forehead against the cold window. The cold feeling felt soothing against my flushed face.

I think I had dozed off, as my eyes fluttered open at the feel of the car stopping. I looked ahead and stared at the Russo Mansion which I had visited a week ago.

Just one night here and then we would move into Lorenzo's home or apartment or wherever he lived. 

I cursed as I remembered the trip to Monaco tomorrow. Could I not just stay here whilst he goes away?

Lorenzo led me into the quiet house, until he stopped at the door at the end of the first floor. He opened the door then flicked on the lights.

I glanced at the room, dark grey walls and dark floorboards. A high bed sat in the middle of the room with matching bedside tables at either side. A sofa on one end of the room and then a desk and vanity on the other. All the furniture matched except for the vanity which was just pure clear glass. A small white box sat on top.