010. man of mystery

╔ ——————————————— ╗。・:*:・゚CHAPTER TEN 。・:*:・゚"man of mystery"╚ ——————————————— ╝

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER TEN 。・:*:・゚
"man of mystery"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

GRAY FUCKING HATED water monsters.

Fine, in all honesty: he didn't have much experience with them. The main fucked up species he saw were always aliens of some sort, and this thing? Yeah, it didn't exactly look alien. 

What did it look like? Well... he wasn't entirely sure. 

He immediately sprinted off to duck into the first building he saw, proceeding to mess a bunch of stuff up as he hurried towards a back room, tearing off his shirt and tapping his wrist bands together to trigger his suit. He heard a crash from outside and winced deeply, feeling the familiar fluttering of his chest that happened whenever danger was near. He liked to think that he had some sort of special 'sixth sense' like Peter did... no, it was just anxiety. 

 But adrenaline was a great way to cancel that out. 

The chaos ensuing around the boy was so much of a natural element that he didn't think twice about it. His eyes zeroed in on the swirling mass of water - one that was rapidly forming to condense into a humanoid shape - and cursed. How the fuck was he supposed to kill water?

His eyes scanned the terrain for Peter, but his job was made easy when he spotted a familiar string of webs fly towards the creature. They were engulfed by the water within seconds, and Gray rolled his eyes. He turned, outstretching his hand and immediately wincing as he felt the strong pull that the water had. It was like it was multiple different forces acting against him, not just one. 

 The creature sent a burst of water towards a large group of tourists, and Gray jumped over the ledge of the stairs he was standing on. He held out his hands, managing to catch the water before it could cause anymore damage, sending it flying back into the creature. It staggered, obviously not expecting that; and Gray supressed a smile. He then turned and broke out in a run in the direction he saw the web coming from. 

 He rounded a corner, and ran directly into someone. He jumped, yelling out in surprise as his hands darted out to steady the person. It was - of course - Peter, who not only had nothing covering his face, but also had his web shooters visible on his wrists. Gray rolled his eyes at that, "dude, what the hell?"

 "Gray?" 

 "No, it's actually the Hulk." He punched his shoulder, "what are you doing?"

 "What does it look like I'm doing?" I'm trying to stop the-" 

There was a loud crash, and Gray jumped; grabbing onto Peter's arm and pushing him a few steps back. He turned to face the boy, holding up his hands. "Okay, you have to go."

"What? Why!" 

 "Because you don't have a suit, dipshit! Also, I haven't thought of an Italian name for you yet. Mine is Ragazzo Fantasma..." he paused, smiling for a moment at how proud he was of himself for knowing that much Italian, before shaking his head. "You, on the other hand, are just a nerd with some bracelets. So-"