my-log: massage

I PULL THE MERCEDES in front of a small house that's shrouded in green shrubbery

I PULL THE MERCEDES in front of a small house that's shrouded in green shrubbery. It looks cozy, and the outside is dimly lit with yellow porch lights. The evening sunset behind the house makes it looks even more inviting. For some reason, the only thing I can think about is Geun—how jealous he'd be of me if he heard that I'm at ENHYPEN's house—

"Come inside." Sunghoon is leaning down into the car as he stands outside the passenger door with his bag. I didn't even realize he left the car, I was so busy admiring the house.

"Huh?? Oh-I...really shouldn't..." I look back at the street and around me, thinking Manager Sejin might pop up.

"You're allowed to. Staff are given a lot of freedom on purpose."

Why, so they can put themselves in risky situations and get themselves fired? Like a way to weed out the bad ones? Or because every staff member except myself is married?

"Our manager said to be welcoming with you. To treat you like a friend. Obviously he's okay with it...I think you remind him of his kid. Maybe he's worried about you." Sunghoon explains as I get out of the car, locking it.

My brows furrow. I'm glad my boss is empathic of me, but— "So you all are acting all kind and natural because Sejin Sir asked you too?"

Sunghoon's face instantly contorts with stress. "N-No! That's not what I meant—Ahhh, it probably sounded like that, didn't it??"

He starts to apologize immediately, so I understand that I was in the wrong to jump to conclusions. "I see...Then...I guess...I can visit...It's only 5."

Sunghoon stops rambling and slowly smiles with relief. "...Cool...Follow me." He waves at me and I trail behind him. He unlocks the front door with a key, and we retreat from the cold weather inside. "I'm home!"

"Welcome back!!" I recognize the voice instantly. We slip off our shoes by the door, and walk in the direction of the voice to the living room. Sitting on the couch, watching videos on his phone, is Jungwon.

He seemed to have been home all day. He was wearing red and black plaid pajama pants and a black long sleeve. The front pieces of his now black hair (the blue must've been temporary dye), are pinned back with a pink hair clip. His nose bridge and under eyes are covered with a black paste, most likely a charcoal face mask. "Hiiii." He sings, his eyes not leaving his phone.

"Sup. Still just us two?" Sunghoon puts his bag down against the wall, and begins to walk down the hallway. I stand in the doorway, unsure what to do. Their house was so spacious. It reeks of a plethora of scents—cologne, ramen spices, detergent, and candy. But it didn't smell bad. It smells more comforting than anything, like a day after-sleepover.

"Yeah, everyone else is at practice—" Jungwon finally looks up and locks eyes with me. I stare back.

Underneath the mask, I can see his cheeks grow a dark red.