Thirty-One

Parking his car by the curb Genesis makes sure he has everything he needs

Parking his car by the curb Genesis makes sure he has everything he needs. Patting his pockets and not feeling his lighter he opens the center console. He pushes a folded up piece of paper to the side. It's a subpoena he was served this afternoon for him to appear in front of a California grand jury as a witness in Caprice Wilcox versus the state.

Gee was starting to have a feeling this would happen after the P.I. showed him the pictures of him on dates with Magenta. On both sides they're getting as many witnesses as they can and Gee happens to know both parties involved. They need all the eye witnesses, expert witnesses, and character witnesses they can get.

He already called his lawyer for advice, but it's New Year's Eve. He probably won't hear back from him until tomorrow. He wants to know his options as far as challenging it. He has two weeks to try and object or modify it.

Gee knows he probably has no option about doing it. It's a court order. If he doesn't it could be just a fine or it could be a contempt of court charge. He's on probation and a felon who doesn't need any problems. He can't risk them putting a warrant out for him if he doesn't comply and show up.

All they're going to do is ask his relation to both people, testify to the type of people they are, and get cross-examined. It's simple, but he doesn't want anything to do with the actual case.

He grabs what he needs then shuts it getting out of his car. After ringing the doorbell, the door opens and Choice lets him in. He follows him to one of the living rooms where he sits along with Choice and Cortlen who are playing the game.

Gee watches as it's comfortably quiet for a few minutes before Cortlen asks, "How'd you meet my sister?"

"Oh, uh, college," he looks up from his phone. "First day we stepped on campus, basically."

"You a college boy?" Cort asks examining him trying to feel him out. Gee was pretty quiet at his welcome home dinner. Gee has always been reserved and likes to keep to himself. He's not gonna be all in a person's face making him come across as cold and uncaring. Cort could tell he was in his head calculating. He also seems to be very aware.