[Shorts] One Year of Love

Satella is opening her eyes. A bright ray of light dazzled her as she did so. It might be too bright. Can't blame her though... She was in darkness for 400 years. Her eyes must have a hard time adjusting. 

But that doesn't matter to her. She got up from her bed. Oh wait, it was not her bed. It was Emilia's. What do you expect? It's her first day in the mansion. She will not have her own room yet. But something's bugging her. She, a literal silver haired half-elf that destroys half the world and put a bad name among the elves, had been put on one of their beds.

Huh... Anyways, she heard footsteps from outside her room- Eh, no... Emilia's room. It's getting closer. Eventually, someone opens the door. It was Emilia. But when Emilia sees the interior of the room, Satella had already disappeared from sight.

Emilia is confused.

Emilia: "Umm..."

Well, Satella is hiding for a reason. A reason that she thinks is a good one. She know's that society didn't treat Emilia good due to her appearance similar to that of the Witch of Envy. Emilia is fated to have that appearance. Satella can't interfere with that. If only Satella can stop that fate and made it never happened before... But the past can't be changed.

In the present day, no one knew Satella's face actually look like. Everyone except Subaru. If the world knew that Satella's and Emilia's face are almost the same... Well, Satella don't want to imagine that scenario. If she shows her face to Emilia however, it might break her.

Emilia: "S- Satella. That's your name right? I mean, of course it was..."

Emilia is stuttering. Is she afraid? Satella thinks she is. Satella is still inside Emilia's room. She hides in a very unnatural way. Oh and of course, Satella didn't respond to Emilia's question which only creeps Emilia more, she thinks.

Emilia is uncomfortable with the silent treatment. She started looking for her. FIRST HIDING SPOT: Under the bed. Emilia didn't found her. SECOND HIDING SPOT: Inside the cabinet. Nothing is in there other than her own clothes. THIRD HIDING SPOT: Behind the curtains. Obviously not there.

But this got Satella thinking. Why is she looking for her. Wait... never mind. Satella was unconscious before she got here. And she wondered who carried her here. And whoever carried here must've seen her face. And the last person she saw before she passed out is... Emilia.

Well... She guess it's fine for her to see her face. But there's another problem. That problem is herself. Her other personality. There's no way of predicting 'that'. Her other personality might kill Emilia.

Meanwhile, Emilia had searched the entire room but to no avail. Satella is nowhere in sight in this room. Emilia starts to worry. She thought Satella had already ran away, but this isn't true. Satella is still inside the room. Disappointed, Emilia leaves the room and closes the door. Once she leaves, Satella opens the door without making any sound and leave to the opposite direction from Emilia.

Distance. She needs to get as far away from Emilia.

================================================================================

3 hours later...

Emilia: "Where did she go!?"

Emilia had already wondered the mansion long enough that she actually searched the whole mansion. She asked everyone but they said they didn't saw Satella at all this morning (soon to be afternoon).

What is Satella thinking? Why is she hiding? Emilia is still finding the answers to these questions.

Meanwhile, Subaru approaches her.