✵ nineteen ✵ *

a/n: two things 1) Harry leaving the gym like this minus the mask in this chapter and 2) any chapter that has an asterisk means there is explicit content within the chapter <3 enjoy!!

Harry's POV

What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do? What the fuck did I just do?  What the fuck did I just do?

It was repeating over and over in my mind, and I couldn't get it to stop.  What the fuck did I just do? No one ever rejected me.  No one.  I had just told a woman that I liked her, and she said that we were never going to happen.  That never happened. I was used to people being overly eager to get with me. Normally, they were begging to sleep with me. Yet here was this person who had not only turned me down, but she had implied that she never wanted to even give me a chance.

Sure, I would be the first to admit that I had been a bit of a dick, but it really was because I didn't want her to get involved in all of the stupid drama that came along with me. There was so much more than anyone really knew. No media outlets had all of the details—we had kept it out of the public because it would ruin absolutely everything. I knew it would likely not involve me as much as it would the other party, but it still was not something that I enjoyed thinking about.

"Mr. Styles," Anna began. "We still have your two o'clock appointment with Mrs. Woods, and I think it was an important—"

"No.  Cancel my appointment," I told her before she could even finish speaking. "I can't deal with it right now." 

Anna looked surprised, and I knew it was because my words came out harsh toward her in a way that they never did.  Apologizing to her, she quickly went on to reschedule the appointment for a different day, Geoff following me to the car.  It was no surprise that Trey was already outside, holding the door open for me to the vehicle.   At this point, there were two sides of me.  One side wanted to be upset, and simply go home to sulk. Then, there was angry side that simply wanted to go to the gym and work out for hours on end.  I knew my blood was boiling at the thought of her turning me down. After all, who did that? Who would turn me down? It made absolutely zero sense.

The more I sat there and thought, the angrier I became. Once Geoff was in the passenger seat, Anna was in the seat to my left, and Trey was sitting up front, I found myself asking him to drive me to the gym. I wanted to work this anger off. The thought of going back to my place made me feel closed off, and I was certain if I didn't rage, I would take it out on my own things. It would just be a big ordeal, and I knew it was the last thing I needed to deal with.

"Sir, I hate to say it, but you have an appointment with Vogue later today," Anna stated. "Do you not remember?"

"I want it canceled. Clear the rest of my schedule for the day. I will not be working, I'm in a shitty mood."

Anna nodded, quickly beginning to make phone calls. Staring out the window, I clenched my jaw, feeling overly pissed off and now I was anxious as well. Why didn't she want to be with me? Sure, I had been rude, but I didn't think I had been that rude. Plus, I knew that her stupid boyfriend or whatever he was wasn't the worst looking guy I had ever seen, but I felt like I was more attractive than him. I felt like an idiot even comparing myself to the guy, but she made no sense. How could she choose him over me?

Unlocking my phone, I quickly went to my contacts, finding my mother's. My finger hovered over the screen for a few moments, the image of my mother, my sister, and myself as her contact photo from a few years ago. I had yet to change it, but I knew it was because we hadn't really taken a photo together recently. After a few moments of debate, I finally tapped the screen, calling my mother. She was more than likely annoyed with me by now, but I was glad when she picked up, my mother answering sweetly.