Chapter 5

(Markus)

Before I knew it, it was Tuesday 4:15pm and I was sitting there in the library, alone, with Jayden, and it was just the two of us.

We had to pick our artist, his artist was, "Jean Charlot" and mine was "Henry Fuseli".
Both are very different in their drawing types.

"So, how long have you been going here?" Jayden asked, looking up at me, the only one who had been staring at him the whole time.

"Two years." I explained softly quickly looking away.

"Oh wow! What is your favorite color ?" He asked, making me sigh as I looked down at my laptop.

"Don't we have a project to work on?" I asked stubbornly, not really wanting to answer questions.

"Oh.. right." I heard him mumble, and I sighed looking back up at him.

He had glasses on today, thick rectangle black frames, they made his blue eyes bigger and easier to see.

Jayden had lovely tan skin that seemed almost soft to the touch, unlike my freckled, acne skin.

"Red." I stated.

"Huh?" He asked, looking up at me, our eyes meeting.

"Red is my favorite color." I explained avoiding eye contact feeling the heat rise.

"Oh, red is a lovely color!" He said sweetly.

"Yours?" I asked back.

"My favorite color?" Jayden asked and I nodded. "Oh, well, it's not a popular color, but I like brown, specifically what wood looks like after it's shinned." He explained.

"Cool, cool, let's keep working." I said quietly.

________________________________

(Jayden)

We sat there in silence, no words, just typing. After an hour of silence I checked the time.

"5:29pm" I read in my head and then checked my Instagram, and as normal, no messages. I sighed and stared at my slides that were half way done.

I tapped the desk feeling my focus slipping, as I looked up at Markus analyzing him. He was quite tall and had lovely eyes, brown and green, such beautiful heterochromia. I wonder how many girlfriends this guy has had, he seems like someone I could ask for advice from.

"Have you ever had a girlfriend?" I asked, watching him stiffen at the question.

Markus looked up at me and raised an eyebrow. "Um, I've never dated." He said, seeming to avoid looking at me, his cheeks seeming slightly flushed.

"Oh! I'm sorry! You just looked like the kind of guy that has dated a lot, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable or embarrassed." I apologized quickly.

"I-It's okay." I heard him mumble. "Let's just focus on the project." He suggested.

"Oh, okay, sorry I'm just trying to get know you a bit while we work." I explained his eyes looking back up at me.

"How about you? Hm?" He asked back quietly.

"Oh, I have had a couple girlfriends, but neither ended well." I explained and he nodded.

"What was your favorite date you went on?" Markus asked, making me think for a moment.

"Honestly I don't have any favorite dates because none of them were really things I wanted to do. I was usually the only one setting up the dates, and I know that's bad but I honestly had no idea that the other person in the relationship had to try too. I have always wanted a date that isn't planned, like an in the moment situation." I explained realizing I was rambling.

Markus just nodded, staring at me as I gave a nervous laugh.

"Why are you an art major?" He asked

"Oh." I mumbled thinking carefully. "I have always had a love for art, art is a great way for me to show my feelings and my thoughts." I said, noticing how he sat there quietly nodding and listening while I explained things. "You're a good listener, but what about you?"

His eyes seemed to go foggy for a moment. "An old friend of mine loved art, and I kinda took it up as a hobby after leaving them and it became so much more than that. I love showing emotions through my art. So, I thought why not major in it." Markus explained quietly.

"Awe, that's so sweet. They must have been a very important person, it's great that you aren't just doing it for them though!" I said kindly.

"Yeah, I guess so." He mumbled before taking a deep breath. "So how far are you?" He asked his hand gesturing to my work.

"Oh! I'm nearly half way done with the slides!" I said proudly.

"Alright, is it okay if we call it a day then?" He asked kindly.

I sighed and nodded. "Y-Yeah." I mumbled, slightly sad about ending early.

"See you Thursday." Markus said as he packed his stuff. He tossed his bag over his head then rested it on his shoulder. "It was nice studying." He said before, quickly leaving.

________________________________

(Markus)

I quickly left the library. I couldn't stay there much longer, and I was happy to leave.

The moment I got in the truck, I felt another pain near my chest, an unexpected tugging of my heart.

"Of course he likes girls, and he's straight. I guess the hope of him being a new friend is curling into hate." I took a deep breath hitting the back of my head as I leaned back in my seat.

"Jayden's eyes were nice to look at." I think quietly. "He is sweet, calm, and kind. He has one of the best smiles I've seen. It could light up a room." I thought.

"Oh, and his blue eyes again his tan skin was the best view." I thought quietly.

"Oh god, I must be falling for him if all I think is about him." I mumbled and shook my head focusing on the road within