ELEVEN | Uno

ATHENA RUSSO:

ATHENA RUSSO:

I make my way down the stairs and go to the dining room. Everyone is already sitting down. I quickly sit down in my seat and they begin eating. I look down at my food and frown. I can't eat all of this. I slowly eat and after a few bites, I'm already full.

I lean towards Domenico and whisper, "Can you finish my food for me?"

He looks at me and then looks at my plate. "You're finished already?" He asks quietly. I nod. He narrows his eyes at me but sighs. He discreetly takes my food off my plate and puts it on his own. I give him a small smile and look away. I can tell he's getting suspicious now. I can see it on his face. I feel his gaze on me and I tense.

Don't. Don't question me. Please.

I wait for everyone to finish their food and once everyone is done I stand up.

"Athena."

I look at Lorenzo, "Yes?"

"Come with me to my office."

Office? He has his own office here?

I slowly nod and he stands up. I look at my brothers for help but they are all just watching. I internally groan. Useless. They're useless.

He begins to walk off and I quickly follow after him, I hear some snickers and whispers and I ignore them.

We enter a big room and I look around. It looks so plain and boring. I mean it is an office. Lorenzo sits down and looks at me, "Do you like it here?"

"No—actually I do, I forgot you guys are rich."

He doesn't laugh but I see amusement in his eyes. He shakes his head, "I never knew my sister was a gold digger."

I huff, "I was joking."

He nods, "Whatever you say, princess. But I need to go through some house rules with you so sit down."

I sit down in the chair and I look at him, "What rules?"

"Nothing much. When you want to go out tell us where you're going, no house parties," something tells me my brothers like to throw house parties a lot, "Do your homework and no boyfriends."

I narrow my eyes, "What if I like girls?"

He shrugs, "Then no girlfriends."

I mean I can't really complain about that, I've never been in a relationship.

"Okay. Is there anything else?"

He shakes his head, "No that's all."

Oh, I was expecting so much more but I think those rules are reasonable. I can live with it.

"And I've got your school uniform, a maid put it in your room during dinner for you."

I nod, "Okay."