𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚟𝚎

dear winter,

to be frank, I just want to ask what is going on with you. honestly, two days ago you gave me your jacket and yesterday you gave me flowers. I don't know if you're trying to be thoughtful but for the love of Naevis, please please don't mess with me. One, I am a hopeless romantic and honestly cannot handle a heartbreak this early in my life. And second, I have so many things on my plate right now that heartbreak from you is the last thing I am going to need. So, for the sake we get to finish this school year peacefully, don't give me mixed signals!!!

hehe, I still love you by the way.

-signed, Karina

maybe it was the fact that karina was never the type to notice the signals. cloudy skies and harsh winds? she didn't give a flying fun and went to school without an umbrella (this was a wrong choice as it rained cats and dogs by the time class ended and she had to force sunoo to share his umbrellas). something sticky and green molds were present in the cheese ningning left in the open in their fridge? another flying fuck she refused to acknowledge and earned her an upset stomach (jaemin called her an idiot while he fed her chicken soup.) flowers and countless love letters slipped into her locker? she threw them to hyunjin who in turn threw it to the trash. ("it's disgusting," the llama told her with an eye roll as he threw the stack of love letters into the trash. "disgusting")

but somehow the signs that winter possibly liked her back was something she couldn't ignore. maybe it was because she was desperate to have hers returned. jaemin said that it was possible and that she just had to accept whatever the reality was.

"jaemin!" karina cried, shaking the sleeping bunny, startling jaemin awake, and looking around the room. she let out an exasperated sigh as his eyes landed at jeno like it was the most normal thing to do. she shook him again. "what am I going to do!? what if she's just being kind and I'm overthinking? this is getting harder and harder, jaems , and you're not helping!" she turned to jaemin who was dozing off. she shook him again. "Jaemin!"

"I get it, I get it" jaemin groaned, slapping away karina's hands on his shoulder. he let out a yawn as he rubbed the sleep off his eyes. this is what he gets for helping the girl with the expenses of the incoming love day. he smacked his cheek to avoid dropping back to sleep. "she gave you flowers, which kun thought was for the council, and her jacket. what's so wrong with that? jeno gives me food and xiaojun gave me flowers and they're my friends"