| Chapter 29: Petrified |

"What is going on?" Harry asked looking at Snape. Him, Snape, Ron and Malfoy were walking in a very fast space.

"And why is he with us?" Ron glared at a Malfoy who glared back and looked as bothered as Ron.

"Don't think I like being this close to you, Weasel" Malfoy spat with disgust.

"Shut it, all of you" Snape snapped but he didn't stop to look at them. The three boys tried to keep up with their potions masters pace. They got to the Hospital Wing which doors are opened.

"What is going on?" Daphne asked demanding an answer as she stood there with Theodore, Blaise, Crabbe and Goyle.

"What is so important that you want us and them?" Ron asked looking at the Slytherins who growled, glared and scoffed at him.

"Don't think for a second that we want to be here with you, out of all people, Blood traitor" Theodore spat with venom, rolling his eyes in annoyance.

"Mr. Nott" McGonagall called and this made all the Slytherin's freeze.

"You called us, Professor McGonagall?" Snape asked in his monotone voice.

"Yes, follow me" McGonagall said as she walked in a hurry before stopping in front of a bed. It was Hermione, petrified and her hand was in a weird gesture like she was holding something while being petrified. Her face looked like she was caught off guard and fear was seen in her eyes. Daphne gasped in fear at this. Harry and Ron's eyes widen.

"Does Y/n know!? Where is Y/n!?" Harry asked in fear and panic looking at McGonagall.

"Miss Granger was found in front of the library with this mirror" McGonagall said showing a mirror. Malfoy's eyes widen recognizing that mirror any where. He's heart beating fast as anxiety running through him

No.. It better not be what I'm thinking. Please, please be okay..

"That's Y/n's" Malfoy said immediately. Everyone looked at him. Ron raised a brow

"How do you know?" Ron asked. This caught Malfoy off guard until he remembered that you had your initials on the back of the mirror.

"Her initials on the back of the mirror. Use your brain and eyes, Weaselbee" Malfoy said rolling his eyes.

"Mr. Malfoy" McGonagall glared at the blonde who looked at Snape who had an irritated look.

"Unfortunately, Mr. Malfoy is right. It belongs to Miss Potter" McGonagall turned the mirror around to show your Initials. Harry's eyes widen. Everyone's eyes did even Snape.

"Where is my sister?! I need to find her. She needs to know about Hermione—" Harry was cut off by McGonagall.

"We found Miss Granger in front of the library with Miss Potter" McGonagall moved the curtain to show your petrified body. Your face looked determined and it look like you expected something that Hermione didn't. Your hand was in a weird gesture like Hermione's.

Malfoy's heart stopped beating for a second. The world stopped moving. He's breathing increased as he stared at your petrified body

I-I couldn't protect her...I failed— No..

"With the temperature. Miss Potter was petrified first" Madam Pomprey said who was standing there beside you.

"Oh lord" Snape said walking forward staring at your petrified body.

"No! No!" Daphne screamed in fear and pain as she cried. Theodore hugging the girl to support her. Harry just stood there frozen. Ron was in disbelief not believing this.

"Tsk. This is all a prank" Malfoy said trying to deny what is in front of him. Ron grabbed Malfoy by his collar.

"Prank!? Prank! That what you can think of!? Hermione and Y/n are both petrified by what's out there and your suggesting this is a bloody prank!!" Ron yelled to Malfoy

"Hands off, Weasley!" Blaise hissed as Crabbe and Goyle pushed Ron off.

"Enough!" McGonagall yelled as everyone froze. Harry walked forward to you.

"Y/n..." Harry called and this made everyone look at him.

"I'll kill him" Harry whispered wanting to avenge both of you and Hermione and make the school a safe place again.

"We will leave all of you. Make sure to get to your classes" McGonagall said leaving and Snape followed along after taking one last glance at you. Madam Pomprey walking away to tend to other petrified students.

All of them stayed still just staring at you. Daphne was the first to walk out. Not standing to see you in this situations

Until he notice a paper in your other hand. Harry took it out.

Malfoy was about to leave. He couldn't stand seeing you like this but he stop after Harry yelled something.

"A note. Y/n left a note!" Harry said looking around as Ron rushed to his side

"What does it say?" Ron asked. Harry opened it and started to read it out loud.

"I felt that someone is watching that I couldn't say it out loud. The monster in the chamber of secrets is a Basilisk. After months and weeks of research, I landed on this piece of information. Not looking it directly in the eye will only petrify you but looking it directly will kill you. Good luck and don't die" Harry reads before looking up to Ron who looked terrified.

"We need to go" Harry said grabbing Ron. Malfoy hide behind a curtain watching Harry and Ron leave before he walked up to you and closing the curtain. So no one can see.

Malfoy sat down on the stool. Staring at your petrified self.

"I couldn't protect you— I failed" Malfoy said in whisper as he stared at you.

"I promise to protect you but I failed...I promise that no one will hurt you but I failed— I shouldn't have left you alone" Malfoy said as he rested his arm on the hospital bed then his forehead in the arm. He was crying— He was letting out tears of fear and sadness at the thought of almost losing you.

"Come back, Potter...Come back to me. I still need you.. Come back" Malfoy begged quietly through his sobs. Madam Pomprey heard this as she stayed silent, feeling bad.