ƈɦǟքȶɛʀ օռɛ

TW: strong language.

✷✷✷

- OH SHIT! - I scream. That stupid monkey scared me. Again. - Why the fuck did I agree to play this... What I don't do for y'all...

Here I was, playing another horror game. This time, it was Dark Deception. It must be really fun to see a streamer almost pissing themselves playing this game because that was me, and my viewers were loving it.

- FUCK FUCK FUCK! NO! - I scream again. I died once more.

I'm getting tired of this game, it's too difficult. I've been trying to pass this phase for an hour already and I keep dying. I know this is for my viewers' entertainment but I'm getting frustrated. I look at the chat and read some comments.

- "You should buy that new game" - I read on the chat.

- What game? - I ask, not knowing what they're talking about.

- "The new VR Game, Help Wanted" - I read.

- I don't know, guys. I barely started to play this one. - I laugh nervously.

The whole chat gets full of pleads. I guess they really want me to play that new game.

- Alright, alright. I'll think about it. - I say. - See you all next time!

I end the live stream and sigh. These horror games will give me a heart attack one day. I lean back on my chair, closing my eyes. Suddenly, my phone beeps. I groan and grab it. It was Twitter, many of my viewers kept asking me to play the new VR game. I groan and throw my phone on the bed. I had already closed my eyes when my phone rang.

- Fucking again?! - I swear. I get my phone and answer the call. - The fuck do you want?

- Uhm. Hello for you too, ______. - my friends say, confused.

- Oh. Hey, Mark. Sorry about that. - I nervously laugh.

- Hey. - he laughs.

- Why did you call? - I ask, laying on my bed.

- I wanted to know if you were going to play that new VR game... What was the name again? Help... Needed? - he thinks to himself.

- Help Wanted? - I ask.

- Exactly! Are you going to play it? - he asks.

- I don't know. I just started playing Dark Deception and I didn't even pass the first chapter. - I groan.

- Oh. Alright. I'm going out to buy the VR right now. - he laughs

- Do you think I should play it too? My viewers keep asking me to. - I ask.

- Look, I don't know... But I think it's worth a try. - he says. I sigh.

- Alright... I'll think about it. - I say.

- You always say that, ______. Just go for it! - he scolds me.

- Okay, dad. - I joke.

- I'm serious. Don't think too much and just jump in. - he says.

- Okay, okay. - I groan.

- Nice! I'm going out now, I'll talk with you later. - he says before hanging up.

I sigh, letting my phone fall on the bed. I turn to the side, looking at the pictures of me and my parents at the zoo. I haven't seen them in a long time. They're very adventurous and decided to travel around the world. They have been doing that for 2 years already. Even though I had a lot of fame on the internet as a streamer, I didn't have many friends. Mark was one of my closest friends but we don't see each other very often. He's a famous YouTuber and I'm a famous streamer, we're both very busy. I had a nice life for 24 years as an old young adult, but it was lonely. I'm completely alone most of the time. The only "person" I have to talk with is Alexa, the AI from Amazon.
I sigh and get up, making my way to the bathroom since I needed to get ready to work. I lock the bathroom door and strip naked. I I open the faucet and put the water to heat. I quickly shower, humming a song and drawing on the glass sometimes. When I'm done, I wrap myself in my towel and leave the bathroom to get my uniform and wear it. I adjust my clothes, look at myself in the mirror, and soon I leave to work. I worked part-time in a cafe in the town. They paid me very well for serving and noting the orders. It's not that I needed the money, my family never had wealth problems and I get some nice money on my live streams, it was more for my pride and need to be independent. I enter the car and drive to the cafe, soon entering the place and going to the staff room to get my apron. I tie it on my back and already start noting the customer's orders. It was a chill job. The cafe had lots of clients but not enough to drive me out of my mind.