my-log: hug

AFTER ABOUT A DAY, I'm discharged from the hospital, and I return to the HYBE building for work

AFTER ABOUT A DAY, I'm discharged from the hospital, and I return to the HYBE building for work. I feel tons of stares when I walk through the lobby. I think I even hear whispers. They're talking about me. Saying things. Calling me names. I hear one person
say—

"Fire girl."

And another say—

"I bet she was just being dramatic to make those boys worry about her."

No...This is high school all over again—

"Y/N!!"

I look up to see Nari and Mi-Young running at me with excited, yet horrified looks. They collide into me and hug me as tight as they can. "You're okay!!!"

I'm...startled by the greeting. Their love made me forget about all the stares and whispers I was getting...

Nari and Mi-Young pull away, but gasp when they see tears are suddenly rolling down my face. I gasp a little too, confused. I touch my face with my fingers, wiping the liquid off. "...You're..." Nari mutters.

"I-Sorry..." I mumble, quickly rubbing my eyes with my fists and using my arms to wipe the remaining tears. I'm embarrassed. Why would I start crying so suddenly?? I'm the one who caused trouble. I caused worry amongst everyone. I don't have the right to be upset...I don't...

"...Y/n?"

I look up and see the two of them looking sadly at me. Is me crying making them worry?? All I do is cause trouble when I cry...

"I'm going to my room. I'll see you tomorrow." I mumble as fast as possible and vanish to my dorm.

I spend the rest of the evening in there. I watch television, eat dinner, read, then find myself bored. I look at the time and it's only 7, so if I really wanted to, I could go back to the hospital to visit Geun. I'm sure he's already missing my company—

My doorbell rings and makes me jump. I turn to the front door, leaving my couch. Who could it be? Maybe Julie, I'm sure I worried her half to death. She was the one Jake brought to me last night when I was in the midst of having hallucinations...It probably creeped her out...

I open the door without looking through the peephole, and—

"Jake."

He's looking down at me with his large puppy eyes, his face contoured with sadness, stress, and relief. His blonde dyed hair is still gelled from whatever activity he was doing earlier, but it's falling out of its style and strands are draping over his forehead and eyes—actually, it looks like he ran up here.

"...Y/n..." He says my name huskily and out of breath, then he smiles as his eyes begin to sparkle.

Out of no where, he pulls me into him and hugs me.

...What? Why is he hugging me? I didn't do anything remotely nice to deserve a hug...He smells really nice. Like citrus. I'm being blanketed by the sweet scent of lemon and orange while my face presses against his broad, warm chest. I feel his arms enclose my head tighter and tighter, and he sets his chin on the top of my head. I listen to him breath quietly for a moment, and suddenly...

I feel like all of my troubles are melting away.

"...I'm so glad you're okay...We were all worried sick about you...I'm sorry I couldn't do much to help you last night when you were struggling. But I'm happy that you pulled through."

He's happy I pulled through...

My eyes swell with tears. I feel them soak into his shirt. Before I can stop, I start quietly sobbing into him.

Jake is the type of person who really does feel like a support dog. I'm not calling him a dog, I'm just saying he acts like one. I feel safe. I feel like it's okay for me to cry to him, even though the most personal thing I know about him is that he's got an Australian accent when he talks.

I've always kept up a strong facade around people to keep them from worrying, especially Geun. But I don't feel that pressure with Jake...Why?

He notices that I started crying, and pushes me off him. He holds me by the shoulders and leans down to my height to look me in the face. "Are you okay?"

"...S-Sorry..." I sniff and wipe my face as fast as possible. I step back to give myself space, steadying my breathing so I can confidently look him in the eyes when I say what I'm going to say next. "I'm not crying because I'm sad...It's because..."

I pause. I then look up and force a weak grin to Jake. "It's just...Thank you...You coming by...made me feel a lot better..."

His face drops like he's surprised, but also confused about what he could've done to make me smile.

I walk back into my apartment and wave. "...I'll see you all tomorrow, okay?"

"...Yeah! See you then!"

Yeah! See you then!"