Chapter 238: Joel's Thoughtfulness

Nora looked over and saw that a pot of worm-infested orchid had been discarded in the corner. The orchid was in a pot, so it was obvious that someone had abandoned it.

That pot of flowers…

Nora frowned. It was the same pot of orchid that the person had sent her a private message about, asking her for help with it!

The two went over. Tanya bent over, picked up the pot of orchid, and examined it carefully. “This pot of flowers looks quite pretty.”

Of course, it was pretty.

It was obvious at a glance that the pot of flower had been meticulously taken care of for many years as someone’s priceless treasure.

It was just a shame that it had become infested with worms.

But wasn’t its owner a little too heartless? They had discarded the flowers just because she hadn’t replied to them?

However, Nora understood the next moment.

The worms on the flowers were contagious. Should they remain in the greenhouse with other flowers, they would probably spoil the other flowers too.

What a shame.

Tanya held the pot and said, “It just so happens that I don’t have any flowers in my new home. Let’s use this as decoration. How do we get rid of the worms on it?”

Tanya had already bought the villa. They were here to take a look around today.

Nora thought for a moment. Since Tanya liked the flowers, then this meant that they were fated to be. Thus, she said, “Let me do it.”

Tanya nodded.

The two of them continued to walk ahead. After strolling around half of the residential complex, even though Tanya’s long and slender legs were still moving, she was already complaining, “The residential complex is too big. I shouldn’t have suggested bringing you around and should’ve driven instead.”

Nora ignored her.

The two walked and walked until Tanya worked up a sweat. Only then did they arrive at the door of Villa No. 10. Tanya unlocked the door with her fingerprint and said, “The people that used to live in the villa were mostly artists. When I bought the house, the former landlord warned me not to mess with the residents of Villa No. 9.”

Nora raised her eyebrows. “Why?”

Tanya explained, “He said that she was a middle-aged woman with an especially strange temperament. Also, she likely comes from quite the background, because she has a lot of hidden bodyguards protecting her in the surroundings!”

Nora, “…”

The villas were in the suburbs. Although it looked pretty good, it actually wasn’t that expensive due to its location.

While the environment was passable as a retirement home, the medical conditions weren’t.

As an ordinary residence, it was too far from the city. Tanya had only chosen this place because this was all she could afford with her years of savings. So, just which influential person was it who would choose to live here?

She shook her head and didn’t pay any more attention to the matter. Instead, she followed Tanya into the room.

However, Nora raised her eyebrows a little after she did.

The villa was decorated exquisitely in a country style, Tanya’s favorite. But as far as Nora knew, such decor cost at least $300,000 to $500,000!