Chapter 241: Smith?

Help?

Tanya panicked. She urged, “Quick, Nora, go and have a look!”

Might something have happened to that beautiful middle-aged lady?

Nora had heard what Mrs. Landis said as soon as she got out of the car, so she was also a little taken aback. For some reason, she quite liked that lady, so she nodded and said, “Lead the way.”

Pete, who was hiding in the car, looked at Mrs. Landis in confusion. Wasn’t she Mrs. Landis, his grandmother’s caregiver?

He got out of the car as well. He was about to walk over when something suddenly occurred to him—if his grandmother saw him, then wouldn’t everything be exposed?!

He wasn’t worried about his grandmother’s health, though, because she underwent a health checkup every year!

Moreover, the tyrant had assigned his grandmother bodyguards, who were all around the place. If something had really happened, there was no way the bodyguards would be this quiet.

Therefore, while Mrs. Landis was preoccupied and hadn’t noticed him yet, he grabbed Tanya’s hand and said, “Open the door first, God-mom. That kind of environment isn’t suitable for kids. I’ll wait for you and Mommy here.”

Tanya, “…”

To think she didn’t even think as far ahead as a child. Nevertheless, she quickly came back to her senses, hurriedly opened the door, and let Pete in. Only then did she go after Nora.

Two minutes later.

Inside the greenhouse, Tanya stared at the beautiful lady in front of her and the pot of flowers in her hand. She was stunned. “When you asked for help, you were talking about the pot of flowers?”

The beautiful woman nodded. “Yes, of course. What else could I have been talking about?”

Both Tanya and Nora fell silent.

When the two of them heard Mrs. Landis’ call for help, all they could think of was that something had happened to her.

Now that they thought about it again, wasn’t it obvious? It wasn’t like Mrs. Landis knew Nora was a doctor after all!

The corners of Tanya’s lips spasmed a little. “Then you should have been clearer about it. We ended up running all the way here.”

Mrs. Landis was terribly nervous. “These flowers are Ma’am’s life itself. I wasn’t exaggerating when I asked for help!”

“…”

Tanya didn’t say any more. As for Nora, she looked at the pot of flowers in Iris’s hand. It was likely infested with worms, but because they had used pesticides on it, the worms were gone. However, the flowers had also become damaged as a result.

She frowned. “The pesticide has already penetrated deep into the flower. This flower can’t be saved anymore.”

Mrs. Landis burst into tears. “It’s all my fault, ma’am. It’s all my fault! I saw that the young missy managed to save the flowers by spraying them with vinegar, so I thought that pesticide would also be okay. Sob… The vinegar clearly smelled even stronger and more pungent than the pesticide…”

Tanya couldn’t stop herself from saying dryly, “Look at what you’re saying. Vinegar is edible, but is pesticide edible?”

Her words made Mrs. Landis choke, but she kept her head lowered and wiped her tears.

Iris had only made up her mind to use the pesticide because she had convinced her to. Even though she wouldn’t make her compensate for the flowers, it upset her to see Landis sad!