Chapter 246: God-Sisters!

Nora was about to answer when Iris went on.

“Do you know how my pot of A Glimpse of Blood came about? It was actually my son who gave it to me on my birthday… I know he did it so that I could pour all my sentiments into the flowers, but what he doesn’t know is that I actually didn’t have any love for orchids in the past. I found gardening really annoying, but in order to take care of that pot of flowers, I bought a lot of orchids to learn and gain some experience. Over the years, I’ve killed a lot of orchids while trying to take care of them. I still remember that the first pot of flowers I killed was…”

Nora: “…”

She shut up and listened quietly.

She knew that what Iris needed at the moment was a listener—she needed to vent some of her emotions.

She talked about a lot of things, and Nora gazed at her seriously.

She didn’t find her annoying. After all, she simply couldn’t bring herself to be annoyed when faced with such a lovely visage. She could look at her all day without any issues.

Iris spoke mostly about bits and pieces of her life with her son. Through her words, Nora more or less got to know what kind of situation she was in.

For some reason, she and her son were living separately.

In addition, they weren’t on very good terms with each other, and her son seldom visited her. She realized this because she only spoke about how her son grew up, but never about how they spent time together.

Iris talked for a whole two hours. At last, her throat became parched, and Mrs. Landis brought them some fruit tea. She took a sip and said hoarsely, “Would you dislike me for being so long-winded, Ms. Smith? It’s been a really long time since I’ve spoken this much.”

“… No, I won’t. Feel free to go on,” replied Nora.

Iris, “…”

She had never seen such a quiet and beautiful girl with such a casual attitude before. In particular, whenever she mentioned how she had accidentally killed an orchid, Nora would always chime in with a sentence or two, and teach her methods that she could’ve used to save the flowers at that time…

She also learned a lot about taking care of orchids during the chat.

The more they chatted, the better they got along with each other. At last, Iris suggested, “I find that we simply hit it off very well, Ms. Smith. Why don’t we become a sworn family?”

Iris was about to suggest taking her as her goddaughter when Nora replied, “Sure, God-sis.”

Iris, “?”

She was stunned for a moment. Then, she burst into laughter and said, “I’m almost fifty. How can you call me God-sis?”

Nora was taken aback for a moment. She looked at the charming and pretty visage in front of her—the years didn’t seem to have left any marks on her face. She couldn’t help but say, “You look too young.”

Needless to say, Iris was delighted at the compliment. She touched her cheek and said, “You’re also very young, aren’t you? Are you twenty yet?”

Nora laughed. “My son is already five this year.”

… Son?

Iris was dumbfounded. “But you’re so young! Yet you already have a son?!”

Nora nodded.

Iris asked, “Where is he?”

Nora nodded at Villa No. 10 with her chin and answered, “He’s at my friend’s.”