Chapter 7: Jealous

"Yeah, can't you smell his foul odor when Springtrap comes close to you? I'd die of his stench rather than his hands coiling my neck." Alexander exaggerated, making you roll your eyes. "But all jokes set aside, be careful and don't die."

"Great, I'm bloody inspired." Sarcasm lingered in your tone as you gave him a cold stare. What kind of advice is that? Wasn't it obvious from the very beginning?

"I can't believe this talk got us up to this point," Alexander commented, hinting the sunset on the horizon. "I'll see you later, (Y/N). If anything goes wrong or if you're about to die, call me." He embraced you into a tight yet quick hug before releasing. He waved at you before you set off, not without stopping to look at the sunset. Honestly, you didn't want it to be your last. You couldn't even appreciate the moment since terror and anxiety filled you.

'Don't worry about it, (Y/N). You're going to be fine.' You tried to console yourself but to no prevail. You distantly checked your time on your (Andriod/iPhone/etc) with a hazy gaze. All you could do was hope...

___________________________________________

"Have fun this night! Let's just hope it won't be the last!" Yariel -- your boss -- waved goodbye at you as he was about to exit the horror attraction that was bound to open up next week. "You wouldn't want to miss the chance of being in a furry costume and scare people next week, now would you?" He laughed, scratching his chestnut-colored hair before leaving. Your eye twitched in anger at him.

'I would gladly miss the chance of being in a furry suit, I bet it's poorly designed anyways.' You didn't even know what's better anymore, wanting to be in a furry suit scaring people or being killed by a furry suit that's supposed to scare people. 'Whatever...' You sat down on your only friend in these haunted nights; the swivel chair. 'It's not like it's gonna be any different.' You reassured yourself, already flicking through the cameras but no sight of the infamous Springtrap.

"Uh, hello, hello. Uh, for today's lesson, we will be continuing our training on proper suit-handling techniques. When using an animatronic as a suit, please ensure that the animatronic parts are tightly compressed and fastened by the spring locks located around the inside of the suit. It may take a few moments to position your head and torso between these parts in a manner where you can move and speak. Try not to nudge or press against any of the spring locks inside the suit. Do not touch the spring locks at any time. Do not breathe on the spring locks, as moisture may loosen them, and cause them to break loose. In the case of the spring-locks come loose while you are wearing the suit, please try to maneuver away from populated areas before bleeding out, as to not ruin the customers' experience. As always, if there is ever an emergency, please go to the designated safe room. Every location is built with one extra room that is not included in the digital map layout programmed in the animatronics or the security cameras. This room is hidden to customers, invisible to animatronics, and is always off-camera. As always, remember to smile; you are the face of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza."

"That was a wild ride from start to finish," you commented as you played the audio on CAM 09, where Springtrap has finally decided to stop by in the shadows. "Bleeding out because spring locks failing? Hidden room?" Was this all connected towards Springtrap and the man who died inside him? 'I can't see a corpse in him because he's hiding in the darkest parts of the room, damn.' You felt a bit disappointed but you didn't mind. After all, you were uncomfortable looking at the sights of dead corpses, especially in real life. The cameras blacked out for a second before working again. Springtrap left!

'Oh God, where is he?!' You checked the vents first, but he wasn't there, then you checked the camera rooms before stopping at CAM 04. There you saw him, his arm hanging and his creepy and tattered smile. Looking into his white pupils, you could tell he was feeling playful, but more to the insane side which was not good. But something else also caught your attention; a mangled, burnt fox dangling on the ceiling. Confused, you kept staring at it as if it was some sort of illusion. A high-pitched broken voice emitted from the other side of the window, making you flinch and drop your camera tablet. You covered your ears, looking at the source doing audio defects. It was the same burnt fox, instead looking at you with only its head showing.

"Lookie here, a new toy.~" It purred out but because it had such a broken voice box, you couldn't tell if it was female or male, despite the girly features upon it.

"You can talk too?!" You freaked out, not expecting every single character to be able to talk. It chuckled before raising its neck, exposing it.

"I can also do what the Springtrap can do!" Light engulfed her before fading away into mere mist. There the mangled fox stood outside, as a Her empty eyes and exposed endoskeleton parts didn't make her any less scary. In fact, you actually thought it was worse.

"Go away, I'm kinda busy right now!" You checked the maintenance panel, tapping audio devices so it can reboot. She pouted in disappointment. You were in fact surprised that she left without rebelling you once you rebooted your audio. Maybe that's what she does? "Oh my God, Springtrap!" Your heart raced as you remembered him. You quickly flicked on all of the cameras, even the vent ones, but there was no sight of him. A shadow appeared, casting the entire hall. You gulped, angry at yourself that you couldn't hold on for much longer. It was only 2 AM after all. You didn't want to put the camera tablet down, you didn't want to see his face. But something about the shadow seems.... weird. It was moving and being all wobbly.

'Is Springtrap on drugs or something? Is he trying to do the Macarena?' You slowly pulled down your tablet, only to face a rather tall phantom that was shaped like a bear. "Freddy...?" You whispered, shocked and dazed as he kept on limping his way down. What did Alexander say that you had to do? Before you can react, the phantom slid under, disappearing for a couple of moments. "Where did he-" You released a high-pitched scream as Freddy hissed at your face. His burnt yet demonic image sizzled in your mind before the phantom himself faded away. Once again, the ventilation went off and your throat contracted. Even your eyes stung from the hallucination. You rapidly rebooted the ventilation system, hoping to distract Springtrap once its done.

"Aw, looks like someone was a little distracted.~" A familiar voice teased once the sirens stopped blaring. You groaned and rubbed your eyes, feeling his burning gaze on you. You looked up at Springtrap. There he stood in his human form, literally in front of you. The locked vent by your side was open, signaling that he went through the vents this time to reach you. He grabbed your arms and held you close to him, smiling wider. "You look so adorable when you rub your eyes like that, (Y/N).~" You hung your head low in shame. No matter how hard you tried, you couldn't surpass him. Springtrap engulfed you tightly, just what Alexander did earlier. You expected death to come, but you felt his head buried into the crook of your neck. Your eyes widened as your face grew beet red, obviously not used to these touches. You felt flustered by this until you felt his nose sniffing your neck, tickling it in the process.

        "S-S-Stop...I-" You bit your tongue so you can prevent any further sayings. You didn't want to anger him. He continued to sniff your scent before raising his head to meet your level. A stern expression held within his white pupils. "Have you been hanging out with some other guy?! Alexander?!" Why was he asking this? Perhaps he was....

jealous?