𝐱𝐱𝐯𝐢. 𝐚𝐫𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐭𝐬 (𝟏)

"Planet Earth

"Planet Earth." Rose began softly, "This is where I was born. And this is where I died. For the first nineteen years of my life, nothing happened. Nothing at all. Not ever. And then I met a man called the Doctor. A man who could change his face. And he took me away from home in his magical machine. And we met a woman, his perfect match in every way, Cassandra. And she became my sister in every sense of the word. He showed us the whole of time and space. I thought it would never end."

———

The three were standing beside the TARDIS, looking out to the setting sun, tired and dirty, but oh-so-happy nonetheless.

The Doctor had his arms wrapped around Cass' front, the redhead's back pulled tight against his chest, his face nuzzled into her neck, breathing her in slowly.

Cass was smiling softly, letting the cold air brush against her skin, enjoying the small moment of peace, before they embarked on yet another chaotic adventure.

And Rose? Well Rose was grinning joyously, watching the tethered couple with bright eyes, happiness that they'd all somehow managed to find each other, to become their own little version of a family, filling her to the brim.

"How long are you gonna stay with us?" The Doc asked impishly, turning to look at the blonde, Cass smirking in his arms.

Rose chuckled, "Forever."

"Good. I wouldn't be able to handle him without you," the redhead joked, reaching over and grabbing the youngest's hand, holding it tightly.

It was a lovely scene, one of happiness and contentment, but if you'd looked closer, if you'd paid more attention to the smaller details...

You would have noticed a sad gleam in the redhead's eyes, as though she knew....she knew this peace would not last long.

That this happiness would crumble soon enough into tragedy.

———

"That's what I thought." Rose finished, looking out at the dark waves splashing against the sand. "But then came the army of ghosts. Then came Torchwood and the War. And that's when it all ended. This is the story of how I died."

———

The TARDIS landed across form the Powell Estate, wheezing loudly, though no one seemed to notice.

Rose stepped out holding a large red rucksack, which she slung onto her back. The Doctor followed, hand wrapped around his tether's as usual, and they set off towards the flats on the other side, with a spring in their step, obviously at peace with the world.

Unaware of exactly how wrong everything was about to go.

——————

"Mum, it's us! We're ba-ack!" Rose called excitedly from her front door, before smacking herself lightly on the forehead and turning to Cass, "I keep forgetting you have a sonic too. Could you.." She gestured lightly towards the doorknob, indicating she'd like the redhead to open it.