EPILOGUE

IT WAS A PLEASANT sunny morning. The park outside the family clinic building was enchanting. The view from the parking lot was a sight to behold. Giant domes of pink peonies and babies' breath surrounded a makeshift altar. The altar was placed in front of a gigantic wall of white lilies and roses. Silver ornamented chairs were arranged left and right facing it. In the background, a fifteen-man orchestra played instrumentals of prelude favorites live as the guests arrived at their seats.

After thirty minutes of anticipation, the music changed. The atmosphere in the space turned into a quiet excitement when the groom in his all-white tux walked into the altar after his best man, Art. His smile was contagious. The feeling of pride and happiness showed on his face. It was an intimate event. Next, in his toddler tux resembling the groom's, three-year-old Thomas entered, holding the rings and the coins. Ella followed him, pretty button-eyed in her classy princess dress of pink and purple satin. Slowly, she threw flower petals along her way.

Camera flashes focused more on the entrance when Doctor Stella entered with a bouquet in her hands. Being the only bridesmaid, she wore a satin gown resembling Ella's princess dress colors. 

Art excitedly grinned when Shelly entered in her classy and sexy matron of honor dress. Once the entourage settled in their places, the orchestra started playing the instrumental of Shania Twain's song, 'From This Moment.'

Everyone stood up when the makeshift door at the opposite end of the altar closed. Standing in waiting in the middle of the aisle carpeted in red was the bride's father. Everyone's faces showed intense anticipation as they wished to see the bride from the other side of the door. The groom's eyes glistened. Finally, when the door opened, all eyes were on the most radiating bride, slowly walking toward her teary-eyed father.

The guests were in awe of her beauty. She was wearing a simple but elegant cream gown. Lace sparkling with Swarovski crystals made the top part. It was made of satin from the waist that overflowed on the floor. Everyone gasped in admiration at the bride, slowly walking toward her father. Standing beside each other, she reached for her father's hand. Both emanated happiness when they started walking toward the altar.

David's eyes were focused on the bride walking. He agreed with all the guests. The bride was the prettiest he'd ever seen her. Her gorgeousness and aura were pure happiness. Yet, she focused her eyes on only one person. Reality flashed to him when she passed by where he stood; she was once mine. He had long accepted Avery was the one that got away.

Avery never thought she would still get to walk down the aisle. She had reasons of her own. One, they already got married three years ago. Though she wasn't able to wear a wedding gown, the reason behind the very intimate union was all that mattered to her. Second, when she gave birth to Thomas, it seemed a perfect excuse for her to focus on her family life. But her husband wouldn't let it go.

A month ago, Ethan proposed again while walking in the same park. There was no audience, no elaborate party. Just the two of them, walking hand in hand. He told her she deserved all the happiness in the world and the world itself. He would love to give her the best wedding. In between their sobs and tears, she said yes.

Little did she know, even before Ethan proposed in the park, all the preparations were already in motion, thanks to her ever-prepared best friend and loving sister-in-law. When Ste returned from Thailand four months back, she had no idea both women had secretly started preparations for their wedding. Everyone was successful in keeping her off the loop. Of course, she thought all the preparations were for Ethan's birthday. But she couldn't complain. Everything happening on her special day was a pleasant surprise. A moment she would forever remember.