PART 12

Meenakshi's POV

"I was so stupid to leave all the chores and play with my son. I deserve all the scoldings but I felt really bad. How can I even face Sudha after all these? This was the first time they were scolding me in such manner infront of Sudha."

"What if they complain about me to my husband? He would just kick me out of this house.Why am I so stupid. I don't know how to behave properly." These were my thoughts when they were scolding me and then I cried in the wash area and scolded myself that how could I be so stupid to even think I can get away with such recklessness.

I decided to never skip my work as I have no other choice. Though I'm sick no one is gonna do my work. Even if I skip it for a day, next day I should do the two days work. It's better to never skip any work. After crying, I was immersed in washing the clothes. My kids play a lot and their clothes become dirty after their playtime. My father in-law's clothes are very difficult to wash. He does the field work wearing a white and white dhothi and kurtha which at the end of the day becomes brown and after washing such clothes, I get completely exhausted. Atleast the clothes of the other members are easy to wash. After washing the clothes, I went to hang them on a rope in the sunlight for them to dry.

After all the work, I was tired and I wanted to rest for a while but I was afraid and I also wanted to apologise to my mother in-law and grandmother in-law for my negligence and request them not to complain to my husband. But I was embarrassed to talk to them in Sudha's presence as I couldn't forget how they scolded me infront her and I'm not ready to face Sudha anytime soon.

After a while I saw Sudha going to her room with her cellphone. It's probably my brother in-law. I took it as a chance and hurried to the room where both my mother in-law and grandmother in-law were watching telivision and apologised. But they refused to acknowledge my presence. I was terrified and apologised to them repeatedly and finally they warned me to never repeat such things. I also requested them to not complain to my husband to which they said that it would depend on my behaviour.

Later I went into the kitchen and decided to never act recklessly. I was also terrified, they didn't even agree to not complain to my husband. I felt that it would be better if I prepare something they really like that they would not complain about me. I then made samosas as it's everyone's favourite.

The next day was sunday, that simple thought made me even more tired. I know that Sunday is everyone's favourite but I hate Sundays because of the extra chores and extra cooking.

Don't forget to vote, comment and follow.