Prologue - Neglected Space

shout-out to Lazy_Artist13 for giving lots of concept ideas + concept art for this AU. they're the person that convinced me to make this a real crossover and also unintentionally got me temporarily get out of my shell to go out and ask ppl to join the crossover. (ik I only had the strength to ask three ppl at the time of posting this, shut up that's a lot for me. usually I'd clock out at 0 people asked... ok look ill get up and get more ppl to join later...)

anyways with that out the way, I really hope you enjoy this little story!- Let's all remember this story is completely uncanon to all AUs affiliated with this book. This is just a fun crossover and nothing is taken as canon to anywhere outside this crossover story.

Anyways, enjoy!

(this chapter was horribly frustrating to write and I feel like it's structured poorly, pls dont turn ur back on this fic it'll get better after the prologue i swear-)

-----

Six did not know how long exactly it's been since she was created, but she does remember how long she's been dead in terms of the universe. 

It happened 6 years ago. She was a young, black-haired yellow raincoat-wearing specimen in a world called 'Little Nightmares',  she thinks. It was foolish how she died, misstepped on some metallic staircase over a foggy abyss. The mist swallowed her whole when she fell, the world around her going dark. Her body went numb, unmovable. Death. That was death. Death was weird. 

She felt like time entirely stopped too when it happened. No, not when she died, but when she entered a world she would never readily leave.  

Darkness swarmed her vision, though it was oddly shifting. Like staring into water that was just barely moving. Soon, white dots sparsely decorated her vision- those dots slowly spreading before they were everywhere. Those white dots were stars, lighting up the darkness of her vision just a bit. Soon, the darkness became less... dark. Purple and blue hues appeared like water splashes behind the stars.

Soon enough, she was staring straight at a glorious galaxy under her closed eyelids. Her eyes were stiff, stuck in one place, forced to stare at this galaxy unmovingly. Her hands twitched, the numbness she once had felt was fading away steadily, and soon she had complete feeling in her body again. Like she was resurrected,- yet not quite. She didn't quite feel the same as when she had been alive just moments ago. It was strange. It was like she, as a being, was brought back to life but the inner works of her body were still frozen. Like all her needs were currently- maybe permanently- paused. 

Six was finally able to open her eyes, yet she opened them only to see the same sight as before. Just the same galaxy. However, she could actually properly look around herself now, and if she closed her eyes again it was back to just the same regular darkness you would normally have.

It felt like she was falling, but very slowly. Floating down quite calmly to somewhere, she didn't really know where exactly, nor could see anything in the distance. Perhaps she was in an endless fall.

However, that last thought was hastily proven inaccurate as she suddenly felt her feet hit the ground. An invisible ground, that is, as she saw nothing below her but more space. Though there was surely a platform beneath her since she could clearly feel one, and she was visibly standing upright on a surface. 

So. She was in the middle of space, standing on an invisible platform. Nothing but the stars and colorful blends of galactic purples and blues mixing into the blackness around her. Although it's an astounding sight, it gave Six the overwhelming feeling of loneliness. It was just solely her here in this denuded area in the middle of space. No one but her. She was lost, confused, scared, and possibly to be eternally forgotten here, as Six did not see a way out.