46| Love

The Christmas Party sucked like usual but this year was really bad. I couldn't get myself to talk to mom or to even interact with guests. My family caught onto it quickly but they left me alone. I was in a horrible mood even after spending the night with Alexander.

Maybe that made it worse. I had to leave his place in the morning to get ready at my apartment. I hated it so much.

My brothers and dad asked me to dance but I refused. I wanted this stupid thing to end already. I was forcing myself not to look at Alexander. We were supposed to ignore each other expect for greetings so that none of my brothers would get suspicious.

They were too focused on my bad mood. Leonardo kept bringing me food from the buffet to help me cheer up but everything tasted like stale. Victor held my hand the entire time but it didn't assure me like it always did. Theo kissed my cheeks and kept complimenting me on how beautiful I looked tonight. Silas tried to cheer me up in his own dumb way by trying to provoke me.

I didn't even reply to his remarks. That's when Dahlia caught onto it.

"What's wrong, my love? You're missing out perfect opportunities to put the bitch in his right place." She nudged me.

It was odd to see her without Ezra for once. Normally she carried him around almost everywhere. I don't even know why she feared that she'd be a great mom when everybody could tell that she loves her son so much.

"Not in the mood." I muttered.

"I'm in a bad mood as well. Greta is taking great care of my little baby but I miss him." She told me.

Hector didn't want Ezra to be present. His son was almost three months old but he didn't want to show him to the business yet. Ezra was going to be the next Don. The poor baby was already a target to so many assholes.

"You haven't even touched your cake. What's going on?" Dahlia placed her hand on my forearm.

I might've told her about what was happening but I didn't. She was Hector's wife at the end of the day. No matter how much I loved her, she loves my brother more. And if she shares the same opinion as my mom, I'd be in so much trouble.

"I'm going home."

The longer I stayed here, the sadder I felt. I want to go home and sleep. I was supposed to go the the mansion with the rest of my family for Christmas morning but I wasn't in a mood to be around them.

I haven't felt that way since I first moved in with them. I'd never thought that I'd feel that way again.

"You can't head to the mansion by yourself." Hector stopped me.

"I'm going to my apartment." I shrugged and walked towards the exit.

I felt angry. Why were they allowed to have a wife and I wasn't even allowed to date? Who decided that those were going to be the rules?

"What is your problem?" Hector grabbed me by my elbow and pulled me towards a corner in the lobby.

There weren't a lot of people expect for a few guests and staff. They glanced our way for a short while.

"Nothing. I just want to go home." I muttered.

"What happened between mama and you? You don't talk to each other and you've been cold to everybody this entire night." He demanded.

I glared up at him. For a moment I had this urge to scream at him. To release all my anger onto him because at the end of the day, he was the one that stood between Alexander and I. He was the one that would never allow me to find my happiness.