Chapter One- The Wall

Dawn Corral has always been the quiet one, the one with perfect grades but doesn't speak a word to anyone but her best friend Kat. Out of school, she has a natural talent for dance and for murdering alarm clocks.

Jack Mornwall is a rebellious, confident, and dangerous bad boy. He is also one of Dawn's brother's "sketchy" friends. It was easy for her to avoid him but now he's everywhere she turns from school to her house. Will she be able to escape this bad boy?

© 2023 by em3lla. All rights reserved.

*****************************************************************************************************

Chapter One

I walk into class, just as the class pervert finishes his dirty joke. I immediately roll my eyes when I get it. Definitely not his best work. A few seconds later his friends laugh. Adding in more perverted comments afterward, I can't help but feel worried that I got the joke before them with their hormonal teenage boy minds.

I sit down in class and listen to the constant voice of the teacher. The voice basically begged me just to put my head down and just close my eyes for a second. Covalent bonding... ionic... polar... nonpolar. Thank god I have lunch next period.

After class I see my best friend Kat waiting at my locker "Hey Dawn. How bad was chem today?"

"Absolutely horrible. Anything new?" Kat is the type of person who something is always going on in her life. She never has a dull moment... ever. Which can be annoying at times when you just want to relax.

"Weeelll..." She dragged out with a smile "Today in math I went and sat by Joey Korne... You know the really hot one?" I looked at her as if to say go on. "Well, when I sat down the first thing he said was 'hey cutie!' He's so sweet and... " Now her smile had spread across her face like a disease.

I began to zone out. I already knew what she was going to say... I think I like him... I'm going to ask him to go to the dance with me... He has a cute friend too. Wait a minute that one's new...

"He does?" I look up interested.

She smirked "Yupp.... you're listening now aren't you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey now, you didn't have to just listen about polar covalent bonding and ... "

"Ugh, screw Chemistry. Back to guys! His name is Jack Mornwall and..." Jack Mornwall? Dang, why does she always find bad people to set me up with?

"Kat? Have you forgotten who you are talking about?"

Now it was her turn to roll her eyes, "Ya so? He would be a good influence on you." I started to cough out of surprise and I gave her the 'you did not just say that" look. How could the bad kid of the school be a good influence?

"Oh come on Dawn. Stop being a goody-two-shoes and live a little." Live? If I were to try to live going near Jack would be one of the last things I'd do. He may pull a gun on me or something... who knows?

"Seriously Kat? Goody two shoes? Who even says that anymore?" I answer trying to make a good comeback, "I mean who even came up with that? It must have meant something different when they first used it. You know the English language changes a lot over time compared to in France where they..."

"FINE, I take it back. You're just a nerd to the bones."

I roll my eyes at her, "That just proves my point. I couldn't possibly even look Jack in the eye without him wanting to punch me. And besides, I do have a social life. You and... dance too."

She snorted, "That's because your mom and I forced you to go to the first practice. Plus even though you're amazing you never take any of the solos. Even when the teacher straight-up asks you if you want it!"