7

"Ki Hyun and I are coming to my place after school if you want to tag along!" Leah says as she skips next to me.

At first, I was hesitant, not wanting to intrude on their alone time, but then I thought about how she might not be ready to be alone with him just yet.

"If you want me to, sure." I say and Leah smiles as she nudges my shoulder. "Of course, I want you to. Ki Hyun is driving me so you should come too. It'll be easier." She says.

"Okay, sounds good. Meet me after last period?" I say as I stop outside the door of my last class of the day. "Of course." Leah says before she disappears, heading to her class too.

I headed inside of the classroom and sat down at my desk. One by one students started to pile in before the bell rang.

"Okay class, today we're going to start a new project so I want you all to pair up. Choose wisely because this project is important." The teacher says before she turns to write on the board.

I look around, watching as everyone rushes over to who they want to pair up with. I mentally groaned, having always hated projects like this.

No one ever wanted to pair up with me because they already had friends to pair with. I was definitely a loner when I was without Leah.

"Looks like we're the last two." I hear and look up to see the kid who's always seated in the back of the classroom with his head in a book.

"Looks like it." I say, pulling in my lips as he reluctantly sits down in the empty seat beside me.

"I totally understand if you don't want to work with me but it seems we have no choice. I'm Hayden by the way." The guys says, avoiding eye contact.

"No, it's okay. I'm y/n." I say as I stuff my hands into my pockets. "I know who you are." He says softly, still not looking at me.

I stare over at him for a second before clearing my throat. "Well alright. We should get started." I say as I open up my textbook to the page written on the board, then get started.

Before I knew it, the bell rang. Hayden and I had only gotten a little bit done and I knew we'd need more time.

The project wasn't due till next week though so I wasn't stressing.

"It was nice meeting you, Hayden. I'll see you tomorrow." I say as I stand up and head for the door. "You too." I hear a soft voice say from behind me and I smile to myself as I head out of the classroom.

Once I meet up with Leah, her and Ki Hyun greet me before we head out to his car. Just as we're about to get inside I hear someone yell behind us, "Wait up!"

We all turn around only to see Namjoon running at as. "What do you want?" Leah Huffs as she leans against the car.

"Mind if I ride with you? We're all going to the same place after all." He says and Ki Hyun is quick to agree even though it was obvious Leah wasn't too happy with the idea.

All of get into the car where I get stuck in the backseat with Namjoon. Thankfully the middle space in the car kept us from having to be too close.

The car ride to Leah's was awkward to say the least. No one was really saying anything and there was no music on so it felt a bit uncomfortable.

Finally, Leah spoke up. "I heard about that project you have to do in your last class. Who is your partner?" Leah asks as she turns in her seat to look at me.

"Some guy name Hayden. We were the only two left." I say and Leah laughs. "That weird kid who doesn't talk to anyone?" I frowned at her words.

"He's actually really nice. Don't be mean." I say and Leah raises an eyebrow. "Sticking up for him already, ay?" She was getting enjoyment out of this.

"He's probably a loser." Namjoon says from the spot next to me and we both look over at him. Leah ignores his comment as she turns back to me.

"Do you think he's cute at least?" She says then glances over at Ki Hyun to see if he responded to what she said. I wasn't sure if she was genuinely asking or if she was just trying to get a rise out of her boyfriend.

None the less, I answered. "I mean yeah, kind of. He isn't ugly." I say, shifting in my seat as all eyes were on me. Besides the drivers of course.

"Well good for you. Maybe you'll get a boyfriend now." Leah grins as she makes kissy faces at me. I didn't say anything as I glanced over at Namjoon for a slight moment.

He now had his head turned as he looked out the window. I leaned my head against the window as I sighed.

What Leah didn't understand is that I didn't want a boyfriend. Not right now. I still had to deal with this stupid crush on Namjoon that I had no idea what to do about.

Obviously I would never tell him so there really wasn't much I could do but move on. It was probably for the best anyway seeing as Namjoon became more and more of a dick everyday.

Besides, I wasn't even physically or mentally ready to have a boyfriend. I had never even had one before and I was inexperienced in every single way.

Hell, I hadn't even had my first kiss yet. It would just be embarrassing for me, and I didn't want that. I embarrassed myself enough already, I didn't want to make it worse.

Letting the topic disappear from my brain, I stared out the window, wishing this car ride would go by just a little quicker.
——

{Namjoon's pov}
I listened to Y/n and Leah's conversation about this random guy from y/n's class. Honestly, I was curious about the guy.

I rarely ever heard the two of them mention guys they thought were cute besides Ki Hyun so to hear about some new guy y/n found attractive, I was intrigued.

I wondered what he looked like and what he was like. For some reason I couldn't stop thinking about it. What Leah had said kept popping up in my head. Something about y/n possibly dating this guy.

Not that it mattered to me but still, maybe she shouldn't date some random guy she had just met. That was a bit strange.

Lost in thought, I stared out the window, watching the trees zip by. We were getting closer to home and I was ready to get out of this awful car ride.

From the corner of my eye I could see y/n looking over at me while trying not to make it obvious. I laughed to myself but didn't say anything.

As much as she would never admit it, y/n definitely didn't hate me as much as she claimed to.

That I knew for a fact.