thirty three.

" 𝐎kay you got this girl

" 𝐎kay you got this girl. Think positive" Soleil reminded herself as she took a quick glance at herself through the rearview mirror.

She was going to an interview in the famous KOFFEE cabinet. It was a black owned institution mainly focused on helping young black individuals with their problems, wether it was within their own community or even outside.

Soleil wanted to do a change and really help these kids out. So she understood that if she wanted to make a real change she had to start within her own community.

Don't get her wrong, Soleil was most definitely proud of her history and her roots. But as much as she loved the black community as a whole. She knew that there were some underground situations that no one wished to speak on.

Like how kids from the LGBTIQA+ community were treated by their relatives. Or how little girls were called fast for having curves and a body at a young age. And of course the "main" problem, skin color and racism, which was something that she specialized more into.

After a few deep breaths and replaying Illyan's encouraging speech in her head over and over. She finally found the strength to get out her new car. She hit the lock button on her car keys and nervously made her way through the main entry of the building.

She rubbed her a small pudge in hopes of calming down, but as soon as she stepped through the door that went out the window.

She made her way to the front and waited until the receptionist was done with her call to make her request.

" Hi, I'm sorry for the wait how can I help you?" the lady kindly questioned as she apologized.

" Hi, I have an interview with Ms.Ellington at 2:30. I'm Soleil" she spoke, sounding confident and determined so she wouldn't make a bad impression already.

" Oh yes right! Her office is right at the end of this corridor. Good luck" she smiled at she showed her the directions.

" Thank you so much" Soleil quickly thanked her before following the directions that she was given.

As she approached her office, the lump that started to form in her throat became bigger and bigger. Soleil didn't remember how interviews could be this stressing. Especially about a job that she really wanted.

Soleil's been looking at this institution since her sophomore year of college. Getting an interview here wasn't easy, but with her almost excellent grades she managed to pull through.

If she didn't get accepted here she didn't know what else she was going to do. As bad as a decision it may seem, KOFFEE was her only choice.