45

Chapter 45 | Unfamiliar Location

Namjoon, Taehyung, and Yoongi could practically hear their heartbeats in their ear as they rushed over to the location. Red and blue lights lit up the area around them as Chief Bang's cruiser came up next to them as they were running down the street. Sihyuk signaled to the three of them causing them to slow to a stop.

Sihyuk stopped the car a few feet from where the three Hybrids stood and turned back into their normal forms. He got out of the cruiser and went over to them.

"Now I know that you guys are not in your right state so-," Sihyuk began. Namjoon quickly opened his mouth to interject but was stopped by Sihyuk. "You know the rules Namjoon. You're compromised. Right now all you're thinking about is getting Y/N back and with the state of things right now, you might kill people in the building to get her back. Unless you can show me that you are sound of mind, I can't let you continue to the location."

Namjoon clenched his jaw, wanting to dispute Sihyuk but knowing that the Chief was correct. He was being led heavily by his natural need to protect his mate, his female mate, the future mother of his children. Namjoon wouldn't think twice to kill anyone who stood in his way and he knew that as a detective that was unthinkable.

"Now, I'm not going to force you to stay away," Sihyuk sighed. "But I need your word Namjoon. Unless I give you the order, you will stay back and trust me and the rest of the team."

"But how can I trust the rest of the team when Jaebum-ie hyung was the one who was in on the entire thing?" Namjoon growled.

Sihyuk sighed and nodded his head. He understood where the younger detective was coming from. Jaebum's betrayal really was hard for the Chief as well. He knew Jaebum from a young age and he knew the terrible ordeal Jaebum and his pack had to go through when their youngest mate, Yoogyum, was found murdered by Hybrid hate groups for the simple reason of being a Hybrid.

"Because right now, that's all you can do," Sihyuk told the Hybrid apologetically. "You trust Eunwoo right?"

"Yes." Namjoon didn't even hesitate.

"He's going to meet us in the location that Jaebum gave us. He's going to be the one who is going to go into the building to find Y/N along with other Hybrid detectives," Sihyuk informed the three Hybrids. "Namjoon you'll be with me at the location, but I want your other two mates to be in the hospital protecting Sungjae."

"But-"

"There's a hit on Sungjae," Sihyuk stopped Yoongi and Taehyung from protesting. "I don't know why, but there is. He must know something. Which means that if the people from ADTOY Company and A&A Company find out that he's still alive, they'll want to finish the job. Rocky's going to take Eunwoo's place to look after Sungjae but I think it's best to have your mates protect him if anyone does come to finish the job. Seeing as they are Top Predator Hybrids and Rocky isn't."

"We'll do it," Yoongi spoke out. Taehyung hesitated but noded to support his mate's decision.

"Are you sure, hyung?" Namjoon asked, knowing that Yoongi and Taehyung were sacrificing a lot to not run head-first into rescuing their mate.

"From what we know, Sungjae is a very important person to Y/N-ie. She left to make sure he was safe, so I'm not going to leave him to die. Besides, it's all we can do right now. Taehyung and I aren't detectives so we have no right and no authority to go to the location. But you do," Yoongi spoke firmly. "Bring her back Namjoon."

"I promise, hyung." Namjoon had such conviction in his eyes that Yoongi and Taehyung felt better of leaving him to do his job as they would leave him alone to be Sungjae's bodyguards.

"Good," Yoongi nodded.

"Make sure she's safe," Taehyung added.

"I will, Tae. You know I will," Namjoon assured the younger Hybrid.

"Come on, Namjoon. Get in the car and please trust us," Sihyuk said.

"Yes, sir," Namjoon nodded as he opened the passenger's side of the cruiser.

"I'll have Namjoon text you the details of where Sungjae is," Sihyuk told the two Hybrids who were left behind before getting into the driver's seat.

"I'll keep you updated," Namjoon promised before closing his door.

Then Namjoon and Sihyuk were off leaving the two Hybrids to find their own way to the hospital.

"Hyung," Taehyung muttered as he couldn't tear his eyes away from the disappearing car. "She'll be alright, right?"

"I hope so," Yoongi sighed as he also kept his eye on the disappearing car. "Come on, pup. Let's find a ride."

[Y/N]

Letting out a groan I opened my eyes. I could feel a sharp pain in my shoulder and I felt like there was a bell that was ringing in my head. I was in a location that I couldn't recognize. I immediately sat up, ignoring the pain in my shoulder and my head.

It was a very small room, just big enough for the single bed I was on and a wide closet. There was no window and no clock so I was unable to tell what time it was or how long it had been since I was put into this room. Thankfully, the light was on and so I wasn't in the dark. There was a single camera that had a red light so I knew that I was being filmed and watched.

I could feel myself getting anxious. I didn't realize how frightening it was to wake up in an unfamiliar location with no memory of how I got here. But it was frightening, to say the least. I could practically feel my lungs contracting to the point I felt like I couldn't breathe.

My eyes darted down to my body. I could feel the bile coming up to my throat. Someone redressed me into a simple black dress. When I get my hands on the son of a bitch who redressed me I'm gonna fucking kill them. I felt panic in my body when I saw that my left ankle was chained to the bed.

The door opened and I glared at the Hybrid walking in. Chanseong. Fucking Chanseong walked into the room as if he owned the place with a smug grin I wanted to slap off his face.

"You're up sweetheart," he said taking a big sniff. "Mmm. I missed that sweet smell."

"Fucking perverted bastard," I growled at him. "I'm going to fucking kill you. Mark my words."

He chuckled darkly as he walked over until he was standing right next to the bed that I was chained on. He bent down so that he was on the same eye level as me.

"I don't think you'll be able to. Besides, I'm going to have a lot of fun with you," he growled with a smirk on his face.

"You can try, you fucktard," I spat in his face.

☆