9│PARTY CRASHERS

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

❛ ᴡᴀsᴛᴇʟᴀɴᴅs ᴏғ ᴛɪᴍᴇ​​​​​​​​​​. ❜ ° . ༄
- ͙۪۪˚   ▎❛ 𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ❜   ▎˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
»»————- ꒰ ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ᴄʀᴀsʜᴇʀs ꒱

❝ HELL YEAH, FAMILY MEETING ❞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅

The Mexican Consulate was crowded with party-goers as the quartet crouched in front of a low brick wall just outside the building. People dressed in their best attire came and went through the front entrance which was guarded by security. Five watched the comings and goings carefully before he nodded. "We should move out now."

Together, they hurried over to one of the nearby parked cars and kept low, still surveying their surroundings. Lila was the first to speak: "so, what's the plan?"

"We infiltrate, we identify, we extract, double time," Diego answered quietly. Five understood immediately.

The two women weren't in the same boat as Lila gave the man a confused look. "What the hell's he talking about?" she asked.

Dolores followed up with: "something about super-fast."

"Find the old man and get out fast," Five translated, mostly for his wife's benefit.

The dark-haired man in front scoffed and turned to look at the remaining trio. "That's what I said," he told them condescendingly before he refocused. "On me."

He moved forward to leave the three of them behind. Lila gestured in the direction he went. "After you."

Neither Five nor Dolores moved. She gave them an innocent look and held out her hand. "What, I can't be polite?"

"Cut the crap, alright?" the boy asked sharply. "My dimwitted brother might buy your bullshit but we don't trust you for a second."

Lila looked amused. "O ye of little faith."

Five gave her a thin-lipped smile. "Stick it up your ass."

As the brunette followed Diego, Dolores leaned forward. The playful smirk returned to her lips as she murmured, "just how I like it," in her husband's ear. She passed him breezily without bothering to look back to see his reaction.

For his part, the boy gave a spluttering response and stared after her open-mouthed as his mind went haywire from her words. Squeezing his eyes shut, he ordered himself to focus, mentally cursing his stupid physical body before he followed the trio; the only evidence of his reception were his red ears.

They had waited for him at the steps of the Consulate and he pointedly ignored Dolores' smug expression as they climbed the stairs. Instead, he made a show of giving their filched invitation to the guard who eyed the group before he allowed them in.

Mariachi music filtered above the noise of the party-goers as they made their way further into the building. Waiters bearing drinks and samples of food walked by, offering their selections to the guests. Finding the nearest employee, Five took two glasses of champagne and quickly took a gulp of the bubbling liquid before he handed Dolores hers. Lila, noticing their acquired drinks, took one for herself as well.

"I don't see dad anywhere," Diego observed.

"Just keep an eye out for the Majestic Twelve," Five told him. "Dolly and I will take the upstairs."

As the boy took her hand, Dolores gave the man a pointed look. "Diego, try not to do anything too stupid, if you can manage that." She finished her own drink and set it down to allow Five to take her hand.