Chapter 14 Mother's Anger

Chief together with Ryujin brought down another orc that went though Guard's Captain and Young Master's defence. But slowly more and more orcs began to pour in from the direction of Gate. Making Chief fear that his son is in danger. He then felt someone placing hand on his shoulder, it was Ryujin's brother.

"Don't worry, Chief. Your son is mine second best apprentice. His battle experience is high together with his skill. He will not be brought down quickly and with mine granddaughter with him I assure you he will be fine..."

"I hope so..."

 Then a wounded guard came running into the area. Chief's and Ryujin's brother's eyes widen as they see it.

"Orcs! Thousands of them is coming! RUN!"

 Before guard could go any further he was ripped apart by dark red tentacles made out of magic. Then, Orc General and his army of thousands of orcs that walked though the village, still some distance away. Chief couldn't believe his eyes, now he understood they won't win. He has to give enough time for his family and other villagers to run. 

"Chief...That orc with something on his back..."

 Ryujin said it in grim tone while standing next to chief with remaining warriors. Chief looked and saw, on that one orc's back were both his son and the Ogre Girl. Both wounded and unconscious. His eyes darkened and he gave last one order...

"You two...Go and take mine family and other villagers and run away to seek shelter."

 Ryujin looked at chief sadly.

"Are you sure? We could stay here and help you..."

"No...You must teach new generations how to fight. Go! And those who are not afraid to die for their loved ones...CHARGE WITH ME! FOR OUR VILLAGE!"

  As he said his last order, he and his loyal warriors run forward while Ryujin and his brother quickly went to the house. There he meet chief's wife who went to him quickly, her daughter behind her also worried for her family.

"What is with mine husband and son?! I heard some screams!"

 Ryujin looked at her with calmness in his eyes and said.

"Gather everyone as fast as you can. We are leaving this village. Chief and other warriors will give us time...

 Her eyes filled with terror, tears began to pour onto her face as she heard that.

"What about mine son!? Mine baby boy!?"

 Ryujin this time looked at the ground, remembering Young Master's beaten up body. 

"He...He is still alive. Chief is probably trying to rescue him by now..."

"What?"

 Meanwhile, Ryujin's brother and other guards are gathering villagers and sending them though the back entrance to go to the breach in palisade to join Guard Captain and his son. 

"We saw him as he was carried by some orc. He is probably taken captive together with mine granddaughter..."

 Princess's eyes widen and she begins to cry together with her mother. Her brother and best friend in such situation. Yes, she was jealous of friendship Ogre Girl had with Shiva but didn't want to show it. 

 Chief's Wife's tears didn't stop to pour but her face was unreadable. 

"So what are you going to do...Your granddaughter is in danger and you will run away?"

 It came out from her lips as a whisper. Ryujin clenched his fists while still hearing weapons clashing outside.

"I must protect others...That is what mine granddaughter would want..."

 "I see..."

  Chief's wife quickly went to her room and even quicker came back. In her hands where two plain white fans, as Ryujin saw that he blocked the exit.

"You cannot! You don't have enough magicules to fight! And Chief ordered you to go so as his wife you-!"

"So as his wife I must fight and die next to him!"

 As she screamed those words, blue fire appered in in her eyes and burned brightly. Ryujin bowed his head slightly as he saw that, remembering why she was named Queen of Eternal Flame.

"I...As you wish..."

 He took step to the side, allowing her to exit the house but before she did he whispered something to Ryujin's ear. Princess couldn't hear what she said to him but was sure it could be the last time she could see her mother. So as a goodbye gift she hug her from behind with all might and then let go, joining other villagers.

 As Chief's Wife left her house, blue flames began to appear behind her and her tears began to dry up. Her hair began to flow up  and her eyes shine. In the distance she saw her husband fight the Orc General with all of his might, she smiled sadly. 

"Just like the old times....darling."

 Then she noticed her son and Ogre Girl dangle on some orc's back. She frowned angrily and charged forward. As she came closer she jumped forward and opened her fans, blue fire gathered there creating patter of blue flowers on them while on the ends of those fans, blades of blue fire appered. 

 She fell down in front of the Captor Orc and growled. Orc seeing that held it's weapon on ready. not wasting any time she cut the distance between them and send an upwards slash, melting the armor and wounding him. He answered with downright slash that she avoided and she hit back. 

 In the back Chief swung his orange flame covered sword towards the Ogre General who deflected it with his shield and body slammed into the ogre. Chief stopped himself by burying his sword into the ground, he took this few seconds to rest before standing up and bringing his weapon up. 

 Then he saw explosions of blue fire around him and realized who it was. He chuckled slightly before new strength came into his body. 

"HA! HA! Burn them all!"

 He charged again towards the Orc General and they began to trade blows. 

 Meanwhile, Captor Orc was killed by the Queen who now tried to wake up her son. She began to slightly smack his cheek in hope of him waking up

"Wake up. Come on! Wake up!"

 With every second she became more and more desperate. So much that she didn't notice or didn't want to notice orc behind her. As orc was about to stab her, it's weapon was stopped by a giant wooden hammer and then was meet with fist to it's pig face. She looked up and saw it blacksmith's son who helped her, he and her son were friends for most of their childhood. 

 "Are you okay mine lady!?"

 "Yes...But mine son..."

 His eyes widen as he saw in what condition Young Master and Ogre Girl were, he cursed under his breath.

"Can I do anything? "

"Yes, you can. Take them with you. They are still alive but unconscious. I can't carry them both but you can. Run away with others and protect them, then find Shiva. He can heal them..."

 Blacksmith son nodded and quickly scooped up his friends and run towards the breach in the palisade where others went. After watching him go, chief's wife stood up and looked around. All she saw was death of other ogres and building burning down. She then saw her husband who was on his knees exhausted and wounded Ogre General in front of him and his cleaver raised.

 Other orcs gathered around her with their weapons at ready. Her magicules already spend, she closed her eyes and smiled slightly.

"Shiva...take care of mine babies. Please..."

 Last tears fell down from her eyes as she heard her husband being cut in two, before she herself was ripped apart by orcs....