Chapter Two

Bella's POV

It's been about ninety years since the day I met Rosalie, I know she remembers me and I've always been there for her. I've just been in the background of her life, letting her do what she needs, watching her never grow up and myself never grow. I've watched as her "family" grew bigger, watching as she looks for me. I know she feels me, but she never sees me. She and her family moved to a small town named Forks, I heard she was going to be forced into high school. I wanted to be there but I didn't have anyone to be a "guardian", so I was able to get ahold of an angel who was on Earth as a police officer. 

He agreed to be my "father" and enroll me in school, I "moved" in but never stayed there. Today is my first day of school, I was getting ready and I was nervous, I knew she would recognize me and I didn't know how she would react to seeing me again after all these years. I got into the truck, Charlie, the angel "surprised" me with. I drove to school and pulled in, I watched as everyone looked at my truck. I made sure he didn't give me something that would make me too noticeable, so it was just a brand new truck that would be good for Forks weather. 

I got out of the truck and didn't see her anywhere, I sighed to myself and went inside. A kid by the name of Eric came over and bothered me, asking for a photo which I quickly declined. I went to the office and got what I needed, I went to the first class I had. The hours seemed to go by quickly because the next thing I knew it was lunchtime and after that I just had biology. I got my food and saw Eric try and get me to sit with him, he was sitting with Mike a guy I accidentally threw a volleyball at. Wish I didn't because now he thinks I like him, which is a massive no. 

I gave in and sat down, they both called me "their girl" and a guy I didn't know came over and kissed my cheek and pushed Mike out of his chair. I rolled my eyes and heard the cafeteria doors open, I looked up and saw her. I froze in my seat and heard Jessica talk about who they were, saying that Rosalie, my Rosalie, was with this beefy guy named Emmett, I knew that was a lie. She looked over at our table and stopped, she looked me in the eyes and I stood up. This caused everyone at the table to look at me, I walked over to Rosalie and she pulled me into a tight hug. I hugged back and ignored all the whispering, she pulled away and held my face in her hands. "Bella, is it really you?" I nodded and she smiled, I smiled back at her. 

She took me over to her table and sat me down, she then sat next to me and held my hand tightly. "Why have you been gone?" I sighed and looked at our hands, "I wasn't gone, I was still there, I watched you save Emmett, I was there for you turning down Edward, I was there for when you bought your first car to fix. I was there for it all, I was just in the background, I was still there to protect you when you needed it, but you didn't. I just didn't to be in the way of you growing, well maturing." She rolled her eyes and I looked back at her, She looked at me and tilted her head. 

"You know, any time I tried telling my siblings that I had a guardian angel, they never believed me." I laughed at that and looked over at them. "Well you're looking at her, well, I wasn't always an angel, but let's not talk about that." They looked at me confused and I just smiled and looked back at Rosalie. The bell rang but I didn't really want to be apart from Rosalie, I looked at her and she nodded. We stood up and she took me outside, still holding my hand. We walked over to my truck and got in, I started it and drove off. I didn't really know where I was going, but I didn't care because she was with me. 

"So, Bella, what did you mean you weren't always an angel?" I sighed I knew she was gonna ask this, I parked at this empty park and turned the car off. "It's hard to explain and I don't know if I'm ready or if I am even allowed to tell you, they didn't say it was against it but I don't want to go back." She looked at me confused and I just held her hand, I felt the butterflies again and I tried to ignore the feeling. "Ok, but you will tell me eventually?" I nodded and she rubbed her thumb against the back of my hand. We both sat in comfortable silence, watching as the sky got darker. 

"I should get you home," she laughed and shook her head. "I'm over 100 years old and a vampire, I don't sleep and my "father" doesn't control me. So I would like to stay with you if that's ok." I blushed and turned the car over, "Ok, but I'm going to the store and we are getting an air mattress, blankets, and pillows, we are making a fort in the back of my truck." I started to drive off to the store and held her hand in mine, when we pulled in I parked and turned the car off. We got out and quickly went inside, grabbing what we needed and I paid for it all. I also bought both of us an outfit for tomorrow and some Pajamas. 

We got back to the car and got in, I put everything in the back of the truck and took us to the park again. When we got there I got out and opened her door, I grabbed the air mattress and took it out of the box, before quickly blowing it up. I put a tarp on the truck bed and then the mattress, before putting the pillows and blankets on it. I handed her, her pajamas and we went to the public bathroom. We both quickly changed and went back to the truck, she climbed in and I climbed in with her. We cuddled close and watched as the sunset and the stars started to shine, I knew I didn't need sleep but I was so comfortable and I was almost about to sleep. 

She held me closer and I looked up at her, she smiled at me. "This is nice, I wish we did this sooner if someone didn't hideaway." I rolled my eyes but nodded, agreeing with her.