Year 7 Part 3 (chapter 37)

Word count: 1.4k
Warning: Mentions of torture (Cruciatus)

Severus Snape has been Headmaster for almost four months. He has hated every second of it, and still does.

He's currently doing paperwork. Utterly boring paperwork. He has no idea how Albus could do all of this without going insane.

Being Headmaster is terrible. There's always so much to do...

Severus deeply wishes he could get help. Of course, he already has a candidate in mind, but it won't happen.

The Carrow siblings would most likely tell the Dark Lord that he's so incompetent of being a Headmaster that he needs help with it. From a student, nonetheless.

Also, people would know if Y/N is helping him, which would be bad for her reputation. "The nice Slytherin is helping the traitorous Headmaster".

No, he can't and won't do that to her. He will just have to survive...

Giving up on doing all the papers, Severus decides to take a short break, thinking about the previous months.

It turns out it was a group of sixth-year Gryffindor boys who had the Amortentia potion in their possession. Apparently, they were going to prank the Carrows in hope of getting new Defence Against the Dark Arts teachers.

That was a big mistake. Those students are lucky that they are still alive.

Speaking of the Carrows, their teaching method is worse than Umbridge's.

They make the older students practice the Unforgivables - on first-years. If they refuse, which most of them do, the Carrows will merely just use the curses on them instead.

If the students break any rules, the Carrows will also use the Unforgivables on them.

All in all, those stupid siblings use the Unforgivables a lot. Of course, only the Imperius Curse and the Cruciatus Curse.

Nobody has been killed - yet.

Sadly, Severus can't do anything to stop them. If he did, the Carrows would just report it to the Dark Lord. Severus has come this far, the feared wizard cannot question his loyalty now.

His train of thoughts is interrupted as a man in one of the paintings clears his throat.

"I have found Potter and his friends, Headmaster. They are in the Forest of Dean" he tells him.

Severus widens his eyes, forgetting all about the papers in front of him. He looks at the guy in the painting.

"Very well. By the way, do not tell anyone. No one can know" he says, looking serious.

The guy nods. "Understood, sir" he assures him.

Severus grabs the Sword of Gryffindor. It's in his possession as he is now the Headmaster.

He concentrates as the sword disappears in his hands. He has made sure the sword is hidden near the three Gryffindors' location.

He mutters a spell, casting his Patronus so it can show the teenagers where the sword is hidden.

Severus is however confused once he casts his Patronus - it has changed just like the smell of his Amortentia has changed.

It's no longer a doe - it's an owl. It specifically looks to be a brown owl.

Shaking of the thought, he watches as the Patronus leaves the office.

Just as it does so, he hears voices outside his office. He slowly walks towards the door, listening to the conversation.