Peter Parker x Reader - Double Lives p2

Y/N's P.O.V.

Opening my eyes, I couldn't help but be confused. I didn't remember going to sleep and I didn't know where I had woken up.
As soon as I tried to move, the horrible pain in my side reminded me of what had happened.
I told Peter who hurt me. I hadn't told him what happened, but I shouldn't have told as much as I did, even if I only gave him a name. Then I passed out. Wonderful.

"Y/N! You're awake." Peter smiled, but I knew it was fake. There were a hundred different emotions in his eyes, but none of them were joy. Some relief, sure, but no genuine happiness.
"How are you feeling?"

"Sore." I nodded, sitting up in the bed. Peter helped me and I avoided looking at him, instead looking around his room. It wasn't the first time I had been in there, and it wouldn't be the last, but it looked different somehow.
"How long was I out?"

"A few hours. I was getting worried." He awkwardly sat next to me and I looked at him carefully.
"You passed out, right after telling me that... Spider-Man did that." He looked down and I did the same, only just noticing that my hoodie had been removed, leaving me in a bloodstained tee. Underneath the tee were thick bandages.

"Thank you." I whispered.
"For helping me and not taking me to the hospital. I need to-"

"You're not going anywhere, Y/N. Not until you explain." There was a nervousness in his voice.
"What did you mean when you said Spider-Man did that? Did you get caught in the crossfire of a fight? Why'd you think I'd hate you?"

"Peter-"

"Please." He begged.
"I need to know. I swear I won't tell anyone." He wasn't using his puppy eyes like when he wanted some of my lunch, or when he wanted me to stay and watch a movie at his house after school. This was different. It was really important to him, but I couldn't understand why.

"I'm not who you think I am, Peter. I'm not a good person." He frowned at that.
"If I tell you, you could get hurt."

"I'm more worried about you getting hurt again. You almost bled out." I sighed heavily. He was too stubborn for his own good.

"I didn't get caught in the crossfire. I was fighting Spider-Man." His eyes widened in disbelief.
"I didn't want to, but he showed up, I didn't have a choice-"

"That's impossible." Peter whispered.

"My dad- he's bad, really bad. He hurts people. My mom died when I was really little and ever since then he trained me to do jobs for him." My mouth felt dry and my palms grew clammy.
"I realised a few years ago that the jobs were illegal and I tried to stop, but he wouldn't let me."

"You're the girl in the mask." Peter whispered and I nodded my head, looking down.
"The thief."

"I have to follow his rules. I can't stop, I can't tell anyone, I can't fail. Or he'll take me away and he'll hurt you. And Ned. And MJ." I took shaky breaths.
"I can't let him do that. I can't-"

"Y/N, I'm so sorry." Peter whispered, pulling me into a hug. He was careful of my injury, but he pulled me close as I cried. He played with my hair, helping me calm down and got me a glass of water when I stopped crying.
"Y/N, I should have known, you should have said something-"

"There's nothing you or anyone can do." I shook my head and he looked like he was debating something.
"Peter I just need you to forget-" Something flew across the room to the desk and my eyes widened as it came back and Peter showed me the Lego figure.

"I'm Spider-Man." He whispered and we just looked at each other for a few seconds.
I shook my head, struggling for words.
"Y/N, I promised you I'd help you. I didn't know I was the one that almost made you bleed out, but I can still help."

"How?"

"We take down your dad." I looked at him as if he was stupid.
"I think I can do it, with your help. You said it yourself, he's really bad."

"So am I." I reminded him.
"If my dad goes down, he'll take me with him. I've done things-"

"Because he blackmailed you into them. Look, if you help me take him down, then I'll help you get a clean record." I looked at him in disbelief.
"Mr. Stark owes me a favour anyway..."

"Why are you helping me?" I asked quietly and Peter seemed to struggle with his answer.

"You're my friend." He replied simply.
"Besides, I kind of owe you." He gestured to my side and I laughed weakly, causing me to wince.
"Will you let me help you?"

"What happens when I get a fresh start? I don't have anyone except my dad." I looked at him.
"I can't leave Queens."

"I've got a spare bed." He looked up to the bunk bed above us.
"Besides, you have Ned and MJ too. We don't want you to leave Queens. We just want you to be okay."

"Thank you, Peter." I hugged him tightly.
"I don't know what I did to deserve you."