Your folly. My misery

"The city is peaceful ..."

Sea, bridge, ferris wheel, huge buildings, starless nightsky ... tired, brown eyes gazed at the view on the other side of the glass. Peace was all they could see.

"Is my job for today done ?"

"Yes, but for tomorrow-"

"Let us talk about tomorrow when tomorrow comes, who knows if we will live until then .."

Chuuya drove his gaze from the next day's schedule on his ipad to the tired man who left his desk. Blue eyes followed the tall figure who stopped by the door.

"Aren't you coming with me ?"

"You are the one who said not to follow you everywhere ."

"Then if anything happens to me, it is on you for failing at protecting me, Chuuya ."

Chuuya wore a pout, he followed the man's large back neverthless. They walked through dark hallways, anyone who crossed their path bowing to them.

They stepped inside the empty elevator then were back to dark hallways. Chuuya now, knew where yet not why they were heading there.

He was the one to open the bedroom doors for his Boss. He stood aside in the dark room lightened by one candle and held Dazai's belongings as if he were his coat rack.

He put the coat and scarf aside, watched Dazai sit on the blood red sofa by the small table with the candle on top of it, then he listened to the Boss's order.

"Pour the wine ."

An expensive bottle of wine was beside the candle. Chuuya poured one glass which he handed to his Boss who didn't take it yet.

"There are two glasses for a reason ."

"I don't want to get drunk ."

"You tend to complain less and enjoy it more when drunk ."

Chuuya was for a second, taken aback, his eyes drifting from his Boss to the bed then back to his Boss. He finally knew what this was about, filling the other glass with the blood like liquid.

"Take seat ."

In front of the previous sofa was another on which Chuuya rested, not taking his own glass until he saw his Boss drink.

Silence filled the dark room, as if no soul was inside. Wine glasses were brought to lips, one of them being emptied faster than the other.

Getting drunk, letting the Boss fuck him, faking pleasure, it was just like any other mission for Chuuya. If he was lucky enough, he might get some sleep afterwards as a reward.

"Chuuya .. would you die with me ?"

"I would rather you live ."

A pause, a small pause followed, as if Dazai forgot why Chuuya would ever give such a sweet response.

"Then would you die for me ?"

"I would, i already swore loyalty to this organization and it's Boss ."

"Oh ..." Dazai now, remembered why Chuuya gave him such a sweet response, it was anything but sweet.

"Then ... would you live for me ?"

"That's what i am doing ."

Chuuya waited .. and waited, but the last version was never said. He gave up and said it himself. The wine was doing it's job.

"How about the Would you live with me ?"

A smile was his answer, Dazai pushing his glass towards his dog, still wearing that empty smile.

"Let's toast ."

"For what ?"

"All the years we lived together, how long has it been again ?"

"Seven years ..."

As empty as Dazai's smile was, it still faded away at the sight of Chuuya toasting, with an empty glass.

"At least fill it ."

"It fits what we're toasting for better like this ."

"You're saying there was nothing you enjoyed in those seven years ?"

"Was there anything to enjoy in them ?"

Body did not flinch, heartbeat didn't even falter. They had no right to. Dazai knew, he knew it all, he knew everything.

"You are right, there was nothing to enjoy in them ."

Now was Dazai's turn to finish his glass, the sound it made when he put it on the table was louder than it was supposed to be but Chuuya didn't read between his gestures, Chuuya didn't know, Chuuya knew nothing.

"Are you drunk ?"

Pink cheeks and half lidded eyes answered Dazai's question, he stood from his seat, getting rid of his suit jacket, tie and belt.

No orders were needed for Chuuya to know what he had to do. He stripped, laid on the bed, spread his legs and faked lewd sounds. There was no need for sweet talks, gentle kisses, not even foreplay, not when Dazai made sure to mold Chuuya's insides into the exact shape of his length.

But for once, only this once, Dazai was gentle.

When they did the deed and legs shut, Chuuya could feel the stickiness of the semen between his thighs, the semen of his Boss, there was no trace of his own semen, not when he didn't even have a hard on. He felt dirty.

He didn't bother to cover himself, he laid on his right, blue eyes watching the brunet who walked back to the sofa and poured another glass for himself, still in his clothes, still hiding, unlike he who was butt naked, fully exposed.

The dim light was slowly fading away with the candle almost melted, Chuuya slowly falling asleep with it ... he gazed at his Boss, at Dazai, at a lonely man, at a miserable figure, slowly being absorbed by the darkness surrounding it, until he could see nothing.

Chuuya didn't know if it was the candle that went out, or his eyes that shut, or the figure's existence that withered away.

For the first time, Chuuya's back didn't hurt. He found himself covered by dark blue sheets, stared around, there was no sight of Dazai.

Few calls were all he needed to find where his Boss went. The subordinate who drove Dazai there gave Chuuya the address of the building, mentioning that the Boss ordered that no one follows him.

Chuuya was an exception, he headed to said building, wondering why his Boss would come to such a place, he couldn't leave him alone for too long, the Mafia Boss had countless enemies who would waste no chance to take his life.

He went from stairs to floors to look for him then back to stairs, he quickened his pace, the stairs seemed endless, on their left was a huge glassy wall, one that gave him a full view on the city.

One that gave him a full view on a falling body.

Chuuya stopped, that sight, that feeling, that ecstasy rushing through his veins, his heart clenching in pain, it felt like it lasted a second, but also an eternity. Before he goes back on his steps, climbing down the stairs to join his Boss.

His Boss's corpse.

*It has been so long since i wrote such a short OneShot .. i'm sorry i didn't keep my promise of no angst in my last chapter 😭

*Don't blame me though, blame Asagiri .. i had to let my pain out through words after Beast <\3

*Still, if you at least enjoyed the writing, then don't forget to vote on it and share your thoughts about it and let's cry together 😭