23. Unravelling

I sighed as I dragged my sister out of the palace's entrance and shoved her into our carriage. I had already told our father and her fiancé that we were retiring because 'someone' is a little bit drunk. They both had no objection. It was a little bit too obvious.

"C'mon. In you go!" I grumbled as I pushed her in.

The coachman gave me a curious look as Roselia muttered a curse towards humanity. I think we all feel the same way and let's be honest, humans are...rather disappointing. We humans disappoint one another every literal day. There's always 'something' that we do that makes us want to sit down and die. But Roselia's way of putting it is rather rough. I think she's going to make us a poem about the cupidity of humanity anytime now.

"Please ignore her." I glared at the coachman before turning back to my sister "Lia. Sit."

"No." She said, already on the bench.

...

Be this person's big sister, it'll be fun they said.

Actually no one ever said that. And no one will ever say that. We all agree, being Roselia Judith's big sister could be advantageous at times (such as shopping), but it has never been 'fun'.

"Already leaving?" Claude pouted behind us.

"Yep. Big sister duties." I said as I pinched his cheek. "Can you say goodbye to Felix and Lily for me?"

"Normally you stay the night..." He complained.

"Bruh. I'll stay next time." I promised "But they don't let us sleep in the same chamber anymore, remember? The head maid gave me a different room last time."

"You could hide under my bed." He suggested.

"Pfft Claude, I'm a lady." I pat his head.

"Hey. I have a great idea. Let's destroy the world." Roselia suggested randomly back in the carriage.

"Of course." I agreed, closing the carriage door for no more interruption before focusing back onto Claude "Point is Claude, we're older now and I'm also crumbling down under a pile of work...We're no longer allowed-"

"But we're engaged." He complained.

"Go explain that to all the adults Claude." I laughed "That one excuse doesn't work all the time."

"I want to go back then." He pursed his lips.

"Don't we all?" I said as I approached him and hugged his neck.

"Get your beautiful hands off his neck Pennyyyyy-" Roselia screeched, opening the carriage door. "No kissing! Not in front of my pure unsullied eyes!"

"Look elsewhere." Claude ordered.

"No! I refuse!!!" Roselia screamed stubbornly "I refuse!!! I shall not obey that unholy order-"

"Well then that's treason!" Claude argued.

"How is this treason?!"

"I shall have you committed-"

"NO! I shall have YOU committed!!!." Roselia yelled on top of her lungs.

I slammed the carriage door shut, blocking her inside, also shocking the coachman. There's a reason why alcohol is prohibited to youngsters.

"Sorry." I whispered to him "Please look away for a sec."

The coachman reddened and looked away.

Claude looked like he was waiting. I gave him a short kiss on the cheek and climbed on the carriage.