𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙬𝙤

CHAPTER SIXTY-TWO
"Test"
——

Jane rushes over to the gate see in Michonne, Joslyn, Maggie, and Rosita

Jane rushes over to the gate see in Michonne, Joslyn, Maggie, and Rosita. "Michonne— Michonne. Where the hell is Glenn?" Jane asks and Michonne looks over at Maggie and Jane furrows her eyebrows. "Where is he?" Jane asks before Michonne rushes over to the gate and opens it for Rick, slamming it shut just as the massive herd arrives.

"Joslyn, where's Glenn?" Jane asks and Joslyn sighs as she helps Michonne and Maggie close the gate quickly. Terrified Alexandrians gather by the wall as the herd pounds on the other side. "Glenn didn't make it back with the group, but he promised to send a signal if he got stuck" Joslyn states and Jane widens her eyes as her breathing becomes uneven.

"No.. Are you serious?" Jane asks and Joslyn nods her head slowly. "He'll be back, okay?" Joslyn tries to reassure but Jane steps back and tries to control her breathing while her mind wanders to horrible scenarios. "You can hear it. Some of you saw it. They got back here, half of them. Still enough to surround us 20 deep. Look, I know you're scared. You haven't seen anything like this. You haven't been through anything like this. But we safe for now" Rick reassures the scared citizens of Alexandria while Maggie comes up beside Jane and places a reassuring hand on her shoulder.

"The others, they're gonna be back. Daryl, Abraham, Sasha, they have vehicles. They're gonna lead em away, just like the others. And Glenn and Nicholas are gonna walk back through that front gate after. They know what they're doing" Rick shouts and locks eyes with Jane as he says Glenn's name.

"We keep the noise to a minimum. Pull our blinds at night. Even better, keep the lights out. We'll try to make this place as quiet as a graveyard, see if they move on" Rick orders. "This place is a graveyard" A women speaks up and everyone looks over to her knowing she's right. Sensing the Alexandrians' growing frustration, Aaron confesses that the Wolves learned about Alexandria after finding photos of the compound in his lost backpack but he credits Rick with successfully leading half the herd away from Alexandria.

"I need a minute" Jane mumbles as she slowly walks away from Maggie, Maggie tries to run after her but thinks it's best if she gives her a minute. Jane walks into her and Glenn's house and slams the door shut behind her. She fidgets around with her necklace that Glenn got her with his naked carved in it that has hanged around her neck for quite some now. "He'll be okay" Jane whispers to herself trying to believe that Glenn will be alright and he'll come back just Rick and Joslyn have told her.

Jane walks into her bathroom and looks into the mirror that is in front of the sink. Jane began thinking of all the memories she had with Glenn. All of them. The good ones and the slightly not so good ones. She continued to stare at herself in the mirror when it hit her. It was hard to keep track of the days, time, months in the apocalypse but Jane knew how to keep track of her period. She always had even before the apocalypse, even though it is much harder to deal with during the apocalypse.