𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE
"Lookout"
——

Jane decided to take Maggie's spot in the lookout to see any signal of Glenn like people have told her he would send if he was close

Jane decided to take Maggie's spot in the lookout to see any signal of Glenn like people have told her he would send if he was close. She couldn't sleep last night as she was up all night thinking about the results of the pregnancy test she took. "Hey," Rick greets from below and Jane finally peels her eyes away from the horizon and looks down at Rick. "Can I join you?"Rick asks and Jane nods her head stepping over to the side so Rick is able to lookout post.

"You've been up here for awhile. Have you slept?" Rick asks and Jane shakes her head as she turns her attention back to horizon. "I'm looking for a signal. Any signal but if there's no signal.. then there's no signal" Jane sighs and looks down at the ground as her mind wanders to the awful scenarios in her head.

"Hey, Hey" Rick calls out as he places a hand on Jane's shoulder. "He's coming back but you know when we're out there it's not easy, it's not simple. It's always a fight. But we've come back from harder, lord knows you have" Rick says and Jane chuckles softly as she locks eyes with Rick. "We should start figuring out how to draw the walked away. We have some food and water to last us a while and the walls are holding. We can take our time and clear it out and let them walk right through" Rick declares and Jane smiles and nods her head slowly.

"Get some rest. Let Maggie take over some time" Rick says before he places a reassuring hand on Jane's shoulder and makes his way down the lookout post.

A few hours later Jane was still on the lookout post, this time she was sitting down and she was almost out like a light when she heard someone coming up the post. She widened her eyes and looked over seeing Maggie climbing up the post. "You still haven't went to sleep, have you?" Maggie asks and Jane clears her throat and looks around. "Jane" Maggie calls out and Jane looks over at her as she stands to her feet. "Go get some rest. You've been up here all day and Joslyn's been at your house like all day. I think she's waiting for you to come out" Maggie points out and Jane sighs as she rubs her forehead takes a deep breath.

"Fine, but please tell me—". "I'll scream your name if I see anything" Maggie reassures and Jane sends her smile before she tiredly climbs down the post and starts walking over to her house seeing Joslyn waiting on the porch steps. "Hey," Jane calls out as she takes a seat next to her sister. "Did you get the results you wanted?" Joslyn asks and Jane sighs and leans her head up against the railing of the steps. "I don't know what I expected so I don't know if I got the results I wanted" Jane says as she shrugs her shoulders.

"So..." Joslyn trials off wanting to know the results. "Positive. I'm pregnant in an apocalypse" Jane answers and Joslyn's eyes beam with excitement but she keeps her composure for Jane. "Just so you know, Roslyn is like a really good baby name. Just saying— Ro and Jo. Auntie Jo has a great ring to it" Joslyn jokes and Jane and her burst out into laughter. "I'll try and keep it in mind" Jane says before Joslyn leans over and wraps her around her, embracing her sister into a hug. "I love you" Joslyn mumbles and Jane chuckles, "I love you too" Jane confesses and Jane has realized it's been forever since they've said that too each other and have actually meant it.