𝙨𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

CHAPTER SIXTY-SEVEN
"Devil Baby"
——

"Now, we're gonna work this out right now, and it's going to go our way" Paula says as she waits for a response from Rick

"Now, we're gonna work this out right now, and it's going to go our way" Paula says as she waits for a response from Rick. "You see we have one of yours so we'll trade but first I wanna talk to Jane, Maggie and Carol" Rick states and Paula sigh, "I'm gonna put you on. You say you're fine. I'll know if you try anything else" Paula says as she hands the walkie to Carol. "Rick, it's Carol. I'm fine but—" Carol states and Paula scoffs as she pushes Carol away from the walkie and hands it over to Maggie. "Rick, it's Maggie and I'm fine" Maggie cooperates and Paula grabs Jane's arm and brings her closer to the walkie. "Don't.. touch me" Jane says as she snatches her arm away and leans in to talk. "It's Jane and I'm perfect" Jane states as she backs away from the walkie and looks to Paula who walks away.

"Alright, this is the deal right here. Let 'em go, you can have your guy back and live" Rick suggests. "Two for one, that's not much of a trade" Paula advices. "You don't have another choice or you would've done something about it already" Rick says and Paula sighs knowing he's right. "We have to get him back" The man who Jane shot earlier says as he holds the cloth over his wound. "I'll get back to you" Paula says and Jane furrows her eyebrows as the women who had a gun to Jane, Maggie, and Carol's head puts there jackets over there head so they can't see and forces them to walk with the rest of the group only able to see the bottom of their feet and the ground they walk on.

Paula puts Maggie, Jane and Carol in a car and radios for backup as there wrist get taped together. "Just stay calm" Jane mumbles as her jacket stays over her head. "Stop talking" Someone says as she push Jane's head slightly.

Paula's group brings Maggie and Carol to a slaughterhouse, where they're gagged and bound in a makeshift cell with there jackets now off over there heads. A walker gets close to Maggie's face but Paula kills it before it can get to her. "Get on the ground. I want you over there and you over there" Paula orders as Maggie and Jane spilt from each other and walk to opposite sides of the room as they are told. Paula stays with Carol and starts tapping her legs together and eventually walks to Maggie and Jane doing the same thing.

Paula leaves the room as her people call for back up and Jane notices Maggie tries to cut her bonds on the edge of a wall and she starts to do the same so they can get out of here. Carol finds rosary beads on the floor and pockets them. Soon, the gunfire that they heard stopped and Jane and Maggie locked eyes and went back to the position they were in before so Paula and her group didn't suspect anything.

Jane notices Carol starts to hyperventilate and she widens her eyes. "Carol!" Jane mumbles as the gag fills her mouth making it hard to talk. Paula's group returns to the cell and Carol still hyperventilates. Maggie is concerned, unsure whether it's real or Carol is pretending. "Hey! Carol!" Jane shouts through her gag as Paula and her group have their own conversation on the side about walkers.