53. Family

"Dii" Manik muttered and Aarthi, his elder sister chuckled sarcastically and said "So you remember...??"

"Dii please..." He said and moved forward to hug her but she moved back and showed her palm to stop him.

Nandini, who was silent spectator all this while, was shocked when Aarthi signaled her to come near her with her index finger. Manik was beyond shocked seeing his sister's attitude which was unexpected. All he knew and all Nandini got to know from Manik was she was the sweetest.

Nandini gulped hard and moved towards her while she looked at her from top to bottom. Aarthi's eyes fell on Manik's ring and said "Oh...Engaged and all huh...!?"

She didn't let Manik explain but glared at Nandini and asked "Don't you know you should cover your head in front of elders...??"

Nandini's breath hitched hearing her tone, and she quickly took her shawl from the couch and covered over her head.

Aarthi rolled her eyes and said "And no one taught you to touch your elder's feet for blessings...??"

"Okay...Enough now..." Manik intervened and glared at his sister and asked "What's wrong with you...??"

"Wrong with me...?? Seriously...??" She asked Manik and then looked at Nandini and said "What are you looking at...?? If Manik is elder to you, then I'm elder to him...3 years elder..."

Before it could turn out into an argument, Nandini held Manik's hand and said "It was my mistake..." She then looked at Aarthi and said "Sorry..." and bent to touch her feet but Manik stopped her.

"You don't need to apologize every single time..." He said in a tone of warning and then looked at Aarthi and just then Cabir entered.

"What...?? How many...??" Cabir asked Aarthi and she busted into fits of laughter while showing 2 fingers.

"Just 2 questions...!?" Cabir exclaimed and she nodded in between her laughter while the other two frowned.

"Can you please explain what's going on here...??" Manik asked being irritated.

"Nothing yaar...Dii came and wished me in garden and we casually made a bet on you...how many questions would you let her ask Nandini...that too when she behaves like a villain from daily soaps..." Cabir explained their not so funny bet and Manik held his neck choking his breath.

"Chodo chodo...I'm still virgin Manik..." He said trying hard to breath and both ladies giggled.

"No problem...Just die..." Manik said and pressed harder and Cabir called out "Little one...Save me please..."

Nandini rushed towards them and held Manik's hand and said "Chodiye na...My only brother..."

"Melodrama" Manik muttered looking at both of them and left Cabir who coughed and adjusted his neck.

Aarthi laughed out loud and hugged Nandini making Manik smile.

"I'm so sorry for scaring you..." She said and cupped her face while Nandini smiled and said "It's ok..."

Hearing her voice, Manik's parents came out and Anjali hugged her daughter and said "When did you come...??"

"Some time back and already gave a heart attack..." Manik replied on behalf of his sister and tapped on her head while she pouted.

They giggled on hearing the prank and Anjali asked "Where's Nidhi baby...??"

"I left her with her father and Mom will take care till I return...I couldn't stay back when you said Manik came...But I will go back in 2 hours..." She said.

"Stay tonight na..." Manik asked.

"No Manik...Nidhi won't stay without me for long...Anyways heard that you will be leaving by night..." She said and he nodded.

"So...we will plan for another holiday..." Aarthi suggested.

The family spent the evening with happy smiles while Manik's family shared his childhood secrets and Nandini about her future plans, convinced about marriage after 1 or 2 years and lastly, asked permission for live in.

Though hesitant at first, knowing about Manik's care towards the rumors and handling Nandini, they agreed making Cabir and Aarthi pull their legs for seeking permission.

They had taken a family picture and Manik asked Cabir to click one picture just with their engaged hands. He entwined his right hand with Nandini's left hand, their tattoos and rings visible and Cabir clicked a perfect picture of infinity star.

"We will spend lots of time when we meet again...We need to go for girls shopping..." Aarthi said cupping Nandini's cheek and she nodded her head with a smile.

While Aarthi left with the driver, Manik, Nandini and Cabir had their early dinner and started to Mumbai after bidding bye to his parents and promised to meet again once Manik's schedule is set.

Cabir left to his place and Manik and Nandini reached their home. They got refreshed and informed his parents that they have reached safely, a habit that he developed after Nandini came into his life, after knowing how our loved ones wait to know if we are safe.

They settled on bed in each other's arms after an eventful day.

Ignore  mistakes...