9. the one where I caught myself staring

"Yep, I had a whole mental breakdown in front of him", I confirmed still laying on my bed. I was happy that I wasn't in charge of anything anymore and I could stay in bed little longer than usually.

"No way", Cami shouted from the other end of the phone. "Are we talking about like a real breakdown?" she asked once more.

"Yes, I cried and shouted at him and I think I even hit him", I told covering my face with my hand. I was pretty sure I couldn't face him ever again.

"You know that you won't be able to avoid him forever? You're basically working together." Cami stated the obvious like reading my mind.

"I know, I know" I cried into the phone.

We changed the subject back to the work thing Cami had called me about in the first place and I ended the call soon after that. I got up from the bed and walked to my mirror. You could still tell that I had cried last night. I pulled my hair up and stepped into the shower. There was lot on my mind and by lot, I mean a lot of Lando. I didn't know what had gotten into my last night and I surely hoped he had kept it to himself, but I pushed all that aside cause I needed to focus on the race now. It was important weekend for us and we had to bring our best game to be able to beat McLaren.

Couple hours later I was already walking towards our headquarters in the track. I was feeling a lot better, and I was ready to face all the challenges of the day. Not including the McLaren driver which I saw coming out of their doors and I made a quick right to get out of the sight ending up in AlphaTauri's zone. Shit. It was one of the teams I still hadn't had time to get know that well and now I was hiding in front of their door.

"Hi there", I heard a distantly familiar voice and was greeted by Pierre's smiling face. "You lost or something?" he asked jokingly.

"Something like that," I told him and then my attention moved to guy next to him. "Yuki, right?" I asked him.

"Yeah that's me" he told me with a smile on his face.

"I don't think we've met, I'm Sofia" I told him answering to his smile.

"Yeah no, but Pierre has told me about you" he said earning a nudge on his side.

"Oh he has" my gaze turned back to always smiling driver who was now avoiding looking into my eyes. "That's nice" I added, and Pierre's eyes finally stopped into mine.

"It is?" he asked little surprised. "And Lando is gone already by the way" he grinned gaining back his confidence, and I looked him little confused, but I quickly realized that my cover had been blown.

"Oh fuck you" I told Pierre's smirking face.

"I know you want to" he then winked which made the smile on my face grew bigger.

"Shut up" I said turning away to continue my way over to Ferrari. "It was nice seeing you again" I shouted back to the guys who I left laughing among each other. I couldn't shake the smile from my face as I made my way through the paddock saying hi to different people.

"Someone is on a good mood" I could hear Lewis saying next to me as I was passing the Mercedes.

"Yeah don't know about that," I let out a laugh. "So how are things with you, I haven't seen you in a while?" I asked him curiously. I knew he was starting from the pole so he couldn't be too down and to be honest most of the time this man was all about positive vibes only.

"Good, in terms of racing everything is great for me, and I hope it'll last til the end of the day too," he got a bit more serious when talking about racing. "Besides that, there's nothing too interesting going on with me. Same old" he shrugged his shoulders as we walked together.