13. the one with all the emotions

"I gotta go" I told the people I was working with realizing what time it was already. I didn't want Carlos and Lando to miss their flight. I walked out of the doors and saw the Ferrari parked in front of them. Carlos hopped out of the driver's seat throwing the keys at me. I caught them and walked around the car opening the door and sitting down next to Lando.

"Hey" I said happily as I turned to look guy next to me who looked same than yesterday.

"Hey" he said at least as energetic as I. "You can drive, right?" he then asked smirking.

"We're about to see" I winked and turned the car on. "Wait what?" I could hear Carlos saying from the back before I hit the pedal.

"I'm joking, I'm actually a very decent driver, couple speeding tickets but that's it" I laughed to the terrified faces next to me. Oh boy, if they only knew. 

"Oh my god, we're gonna die" Lando screamed and took a hold of the handle as I drove through the streets of Maranello making me laugh.

.

"Please, just a little?" I begged Carlos.

"Nope, I don't trust you with this thing" he stated leaning over from the backseat.

"Come on, what's the worst that could happen?" Lando tried too.

"We could die" Carlos said blankly.

"Okay yeah, good point" Lando leaned back on his seat.

"Fine," I said laughing before pressing the pedal down.

.

"I'm having serious doubts about giving that car to you" Carlos looked at me in horror after getting out of the car. I myself was feeling great as the adrenaline ran through my veins. Even if it had been just a straight and not a competition, driving fast cars was always fun.  

"Oh come on it was fun" I laughed. "I just wanted to test it, I'm not gonna do it again" I promised the worrying guy in front of me. "Lando thought it was fun" I said, and we turned our heads to the car where he was still sitting.

"Depends how you define fun" he said still a bit shocked. "Good driving tho, I give you that" he added finally getting up from the car.

"Thank you" I nodded to the Brit who was getting their bags from the back of the car.

"Fine" Carlos agreed like he really had a choice. I grinned to anguished guy next to me.

We walked inside the airport. I wasn't in a rush so I thought I would walk the guys all the way and maybe get a cup of coffee on the way out. 

"Watch my bag. I'm gonna go to toilet" Carlos said leaving his bag to me.

"Must be nice to get home?" I kind of asked Lando when we sat down on a bench next to us.

"Yeah it is. Can't wait to get to play with my mates" he let out a nervous laugh. "And it's been a while since I've been home so it's nice" he added in more serious matter.

"Yeah I get that", I looked down to my hands. It had been a long time since I had even thought about being home or seeing my family.

"Do you miss it?" Lando asked and I knew what he meant.

"I mean, I – yeah" I told him the truth. "They have been keeping me busy enough, so I haven't really thought about it but now for sure" I explained with a ghost of a smile on my face. "I don't want to complain either cause people would kill to get where I am, so it feels kinda selfish to be sad over something like that" I looked up to Lando who was listening carefully my words.