16. the one with the circus

I woke up feeling okay until I realized that there was someone on the couch. I turned around and had to suffocate a scream as I saw another body next to me. Then it hit me, and my body relaxed straight away.

The two idiots camping on my room were the McLaren driver's whose room keys hadn't worked last night when we got back to the hotel, and they hadn't found anyone who could've solved the problem, so they had come knocking on my door. That still stayed as mystery how they had found me and in which world that had been a good idea.

I was also pretty sure I had fallen asleep in the floor last night after a long argument of who should sleep and where. Daniel had gotten the couch after.. well falling asleep on it leaving Lando and I argue over who was going to let the other one sleep on the bed. I had won by making a very good point that Lando was a driver and needed a good sleep while I could work in a little sleep deprived. So I was little confused waking up from the bed.

I walked quietly out of the room making my way outside. Carlos was supposed to arrive any minute now and I had missed him too much to miss his arrival. At the same time as I walked out, I could see Carlos pulling his bag out of the car and turning around. I jogged over to him and wrapped my arms around him tight.

"Don't ever leave me again, you have no idea what kind of torture it has been" I whined half joking and could feel Carlos laughing as his body shook under my hold.

"That bad?" he laughed, and I let go of him.

"Yes, three weeks loneliness just to be sent to this circus ran by Daniel Ricciardo" I said desperate making Carlos laughing even harder.

"What are you wearing?" he stopped laughing his eyes focused on my upper body and I realized I had Pierre's hoodie still on.

"Fuck umm. It's not what it looks like though" I covered the most important part first. "He gave it to me last night when we were on the boat" I realized that he didn't know who 'he' was and being on a boat sounded like some romantic thing to do and I could see Carlos raising his brows. "Not like that again" I added before he had a chance to say anything. "I mean he wasn't even the one I woke up next to" I told him and sighed. "Nope, I need to shut up" I was very disappointed on myself on this beautiful Wednesday morning.

"So let me get this straight" Carlos started and I couldn't wait what he had gotten out of my previous statement. "So you went on a boat with a him and I get that him was Pierre or Yuki, just from the jacket" he pointed out, very smart. "But you also woke up next to some guy, non-Pierre and non-Yuki?" he continued and I was having a hard time keeping a straight face. "And Daniel is doing some weird shit?" he landed his summary perfectly.

"Yeah, let's go with that" I nodded and Carlos shook his head.

We walked in and Carlos got his key from reception. Then we made our way back to our floor and he left his thing into his room before making the way into mine.

"Okay, so before we go in I need you to promise not to judge by the fact what you're gonna see"

"Okay, should I be scared?"

"That depends, but lets go with no" I shrugged before opening the door and we were greeted by the two sleeping McLaren drivers.

"What is going on and why did I miss it, damn it" Carlos whispered me staring the view in front of him.

"Don't ask me, I'm just the collateral damage here" I said signing in front of me.

"Talk about sleeping with the enemy" Carlos mumbled under his breath and I shook my head. "How did this happen? Why didn't they go to Daniel's place?" He than wondered out loud and I turned my face to him.

"He has a place here?" I stared at the guy my brows raised.

"Yep" He told me and I rolled my eyes. Of course.

"Should we wake them?" I asked still looking the sight in front of me and quietly wondering how.

"Probably yes" Carlos nodded neither of us moving a finger.

I sighed walking to sleeping Lando who looked so peaceful on his sleep that I almost felt bad doing this. I didn't know what made me do it but before waking him up I let my fingers gently through his hair. Wasn't gently enough I guess, because I could see his lids slowly open up. His eyes found mine and just for a sec I froze before backing away from him only to pump into sleeping Daniel who after that – not so sleepy.

"I saw that" Carlossaid to me in Spanish and I knew exactly what he meant by that. I gave him a look telling him to shut up and he whispered something about talking later, but I respectfully decided to ignore that.

"Good morning everyone, what a lovely day it is to be alive" I announced to the two guys rubbing their eyes.

"Why you gotta be so loud? Couldn't you just leave?" Daniel mumbled from the couch and I turned to look at the mister honey badger.

"Oh that how it is?" I was stading there with my arms crossed. "The last time I checked it was me who was waken up by you two lunatics banging on my door. I still don't know how that happened and I'm not sure if I want to" I pointed out to the guy and jumped back to the bed where Lando was trying his best to wake up.

"Fair enough" Daniel dropped back to the couch and I tunrned my attention to the sleepy guy next to me. Carlos was enjoying the show in a chair just watching me trying to deal with the two papayas.

"So you care to elaborate how I ended up to the bed next to you?

"I felt bad letting you sleep on the floor and couldn't sleep so I picked you up" the guy spoke more to his pillow than me with his eyes still closed.

"Okay, well that's very nice of you" it was hard not to smile and I could tell that Carlos was for sure.

"As much as I love this whole sleepover thingy, we need to get to the work" I told the room after a while of silence that I had used to change my clothes and freshen up a bit. "So lock the door once you're out." I guided Lando and Daniel who weren't showing any signs of life still now.

I could see a thumb rising from my bed before it dropped back down and we took off with Carlos.

"So you think that was a good idea?" he looked at me clearly amused.

"Nope, not at all"