18. the one where he drives me crazy

Charles ended up leaving with his girlfriend who had found us wondering around, so I headed back to the pitlane where the rest of the team was celebrating. I was first stopped by the Red Bull team which was all over the place and I had hard time passing through. Eventually I made it but turned back so I could really congratulate Max after the great race.

"Max" I shouted over the mass of people and waved to get his attention. He saw me and made his way all the way to me. "Hey" I smiled to the happy guy.

"Hi, what's up?" he looked at me with a smile.

"Nothing much, I just thought I would stop and say congrats" I grinned to the winner.

"Well thank you very much, I needed this" I could see the spark in his eyes. I knew that it was a relief after the couple past P2 to be able to win again.

"You deserved it for sure" I said.

"Thanks. Hey we need to take a photo" he than said out of the blue and dragged me to his photographer. He got his trophy and in no time I was posing to the camera with Max' hand over my shoulders. I looked at him and he seemed genuinely happy.

Soon after we had managed to get couple good ones of us I said bye and continued my way to the Ferrari garage. I could already see the ocean of red shirts smiling in the pit lane and a smile formed on my lips. This was the redemption we had been waiting for, us being able to get a podium and not to forget Charles' pole the day before.

I was greeted by hand tapping on my back and big smiles as I walked to the group of people. I made my way to the hero of the day who was waiting everyone else to get into their positions for the team photo.

"Hey where have you been?" Carlos asked me when I finally got to him.

"Oh I was just walking around with Charles" I explained my absence. "But I'm back now"

"Okay, that's all that matters. I don't want you to miss the team photo" he grinned still tightly holding the trophy and champagne.

We managed to take the team photo and then the bottles went bop. Soon enough I found out that Carlos was targeting only one people from the whole crowd and it was me. I laughed as I tried to escape the spray but was quickly stopped by too hands which kept me on place while Carlos drowned me on champagne.

After the spraying had stopped I turned around to find smiling Lando still holding me but let go now realizing that there was no need for that anymore.

"Hi" I said not sure how I should act after what had happened and still remembering the kiss and the threat vividly on my mind.

"Smile" I heard being shouted from behind me and Lando spun me around to face the camera that was pointed on us. Carlos jumped in as well and we grinned like idiots. I was happy that even after the photo Carlos didn't leave us alone but stayed chatting with us.

The guys went through some happenings of the race and I looked around just to be stared by the same girl who had stopped me and Charles before.

"Hey who's that?" I asked nodding towards the girl and both drivers turned their head to the direction.

"Oh the girl?" Lando asked and I nodded to confirm. "That's Zak's daughter, May" he told me straight away.

"Good to know" I said still watching as May walked away giving me a one last glare. "I think she is in love with you" I let out without really thinking.

"What?" Lando and Carlos both looked at me weird.

"Yeah, we had a nice little chat just while ago" I told the guys.

"Care to elaborate?" Lando looked curious.

"Right, umm she stopped Charles and me, by yanking my arm off by the way, and told me how I should stay away from you or she would make it impossible for me to make a career here" I shrugged my shoulders.

"That's crazy" Carlos stated but Lando looked me all funny.

"That can't be true" he let out a laugh. "She's an angel, there's no way she would do that" he explained not believing me, which to be honest hurt a bit.

"So you're saying Sof is making this all up?" It was Carlos' turn to look Lando in disbelief. I was thankful for him to believing me.

"No! I mean, I don't know" Lando stuttered. "It's just I've known her for many years and she's never done anything like that and it's pretty hard to believe that she would now" he didn't laugh anymore and his voice turned more serious.

"Yeah whatever" I said walking away from the guys making my way up to the Ferrari hospitality. I didn't know why it hit me so hard that he didn't believe me and said I was a liar, but it did. I grabbed a box of food and sat alone to outside to the patio next to the paddock. There was people cleaning and packing up the place and I watched them as I ate my cold food.

"You look happy" Pierre said sarcastically leaning on the fence between us. 

"I am, just thrilled" I told him just as sarcastically.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asked sounding more serious this time and I looked up to his eyes which were showing a little concerned.

"I just don't get him, how does he think I could make something like that up?" I shook my head.

"I'm gonna need a little more than that" Pierre let out a small laugh and so I filled him in to the latest leaving out the part where I was cosy with Lando.

"So he says that you made that up? What does he think you are? An author?" he looked at me little mad.

"Yeah dunno" I said stabbing my fork into my food.

"You're not wrong being mad tho" he said looking at me "I would be pissed too" he comforted me.

"Yeah, I'm just so sick of him, you know" I said sounding angrier than before. "He drives me fucking nuts, I really thought that we had finally become friends, I've told him some deep shit and now he thinks I'm trying to make some random girl look bad?!" I almost yelled.

"Yeah I don't know what to say that, I'm sorry" Pierre looked at me.

"It's not your fault, you don't have to be sorry" I sighed. "I just need to get my mind of things and I'll be fine" I told him.

"I think I can help you with that, actually" he said and a smile crept on his face.

"Go on"

"We were planning to go this club later today to celebrate Max, you should come" he said happily and I felt a smile on my face too. It had been so long since I had gone to a party or club or anything so I was getting excited.

"Sure, I would love to" I said smiling and Pierre's smile grew even bigger.

"Great, I'll pick you up later?" he asked.

"It's a date" 

"It's a date" the guy grinned to me before leaving me with my lunch. Not long after I could spot Lando walking towards me and I took a deep breath. I didn't want to lose my cool any more than I already had. 

"Why'd you run away like that?" Lando asked as he got to me.

"You seriously need to ask?" I shot back.

"Look I just find it hard to believe, I'm not saying that you're lying, but you can't blame me for not believing something like that straight away, I mean it didn't sound too believable" This guy really didn't know when it was good time to stop talking. 

"Yeah, sure, whatever." I rolled my eyes. "I'm gonna go now, Pierre is picking me up soon" I told the guy knowing how he would react based on the previous reactions I had gotten whenever I was around Pierre and just like I thought I could see Lando's eyes shot up to mine. 

"Pierre? Why is he picking you up?" Lando looked at me a bit mad, but before I could answer to him he opened his mouth again. "Actually, I don't care" 

"Fine."

"Fine."