29.At home

Clay and Adaline's lives have become completely intertwined. Their days are spent with each other, Adaline doesn't even get burnt out anymore. She has spent nights in a row at his house, Madi and Maira coming to hang out as if it's highschool all over again. Stupid sleepovers and visits to each others houses.

They've fallen into a routine, a way of living. Adaline still takes the bus to class everyday, much to Clay's protest, and he still wakes up right after she leaves to tweet during her transit. Some things don't ever change, their love language being one of them.

Em

When are you gonna be home

Adaline

Like three

I'm streaming when I get back

Adaline and Clay continue to go on dates, movies at her apartment and building forts at his house to have little dinners, something straight out of the teen movies she watched growing up.

If you had told Adaline in August that in January she would be so in love with the most famous streamer of the year that she loses her breath when he says her name, she would call you crazy. She would laugh harder than she ever has before. She's a different person now, no longer rotted in the trauma of her past, but flowing like a river. Moving forward, pushing through the obstacles she faces.

Clay's sister texting her and referring to their house as home, a place where she can be safe and be Adaline sets something off in her brain.

If she wasn't sure of it before, this makes her more sure than ever.

She is so in love with Clay.

Classes are over before she knows it, and she's on the bus home, soft music playing through her headphones while she watches the buildings go by, a blur of a history she knows little to nothing about.

The door is unlocked when she gets back to the house, beelining straight to the room and walking in on Clay finishing up his stream, looking back at her while pulling off his headphones. It's in that moment that she knows.

      "Clay, will you be my boyfriend?" she blurts it out before she can even think.

To most, this is just something that's barely a big deal. Maybe a medium deal, if they've been talking for a while. But to Adaline? There is nothing bigger. This is like marriage to her. A promise that she'll stay, officially. That she won't run away.

Clay smiles.

      "Of course."

He gets up and crosses the room to Adaline standing by the door. With a smile, he kisses her. She's never felt more at home with someone then she does right now. 

Word Count: 442

A/N: This is it. The next chapter is the epilogue. Expect a long winded love rant on the next, and last, chapter.