23. the one with unfinished business

"Sofia" I heard a voice shouting behind me but I didn't turn around. "Hey, wait up" I knew it was Pierre but I just didn't feel like talking to anyone. "Please" he said softly and I finally stopped. "Are you okay?" he asked looking genuinely worried. 

"Yeah I'm fine, I just didn't feel like listening to rest of that conversation" I let out a dry laugh.

"I'm sorry about that, they didn't mean anything bad" he apologized behalf of his friends.

"Yeah I know and it's okay but it's been a pretty crabby week already" I told him.

"I'm sorry" he looked down on me and I gave him a little smile.

"That secret lasted long ha?" I referred to the fact that we had made a deal to keep it between us. It was hilarious actually. The first time the guys meat after the whole episode and the first thing that comes up is that I spent a night with him. I didn't really no how we thought that we could keep it between us in the first place. 

"Yeah, tell me about it" he laughed. "Are you sure you're gonna be fine?" he then got more serious again. Pierre and I were friends I guess. I had talked him couple of times before the day on the yacht where I had first time really talked to him and gotten to know him. I liked spending time with him and we got along really well. A little too well you might think, but after all I thought that nothing had really changed between us after the Sunday. At least what I could read from this short conversation we were having. 

"I promise" I smiled to the guy.  The whole thing could've gone a lot different between us, but I was more than grateful that he didn't turn in to an asshole or this wasn't awkward or anything. It was the same as before except I think we had learned to trust each other more. 

"Good" he nodded. "I'll see you around, but if you need to talk just look me up" he smirked before heading back to where he had came from.

.

The quali started and I was standing on Carlos' garage with the headset on. There had been already three red flags and Q3 hadn't even started yet. Both Carlos and Charles had driven to Q3 which was a good thing.

Charles had a hold on pole and when the session was stopped due to the fourth red flag after Yuki had crashed the pole was ours. Bad news were that Carlos had crashed following Yuki, but hopefully the car wasn't too damaged and we would be able to race tomorrow, which I believed. Charles on pole and Carlos with P5 was a good result for us for sure.

"Nice job" I hugged Charles once he had gotten out of his car.

"Thanks, I'm happy" he grinned under the helmet. I could tell, and he had really deserved this. 

I watched as Carlos' car was brought back to us and the engineers rushed to check up the damage. The driver himself walked back apologizing the team of his mistake. He kept his head down and helmet on as he walked to straight to his room.

I made my way slowly there and I knocked on his door. "Come in" he shouted and I opened the door finding the guy sitting on the floor, so I sat next to him.

"Don't be too hard on yourself" I told the guy looking at him as he stared the ground in front of him.

"Mhmm" he muttered and I could tell he wasn't taking me serious or listening me at all. And I didn't blame him but he was still on P5 and the car was going to be just fine when the race would start and he didn't need to pout over it too much. 

"Hey I'm serious" I said turning so I was no sitting in front of him. As he looked up I could see his watery eyes.

"It's not just the drive" he said before looking back down.