Hi, Daddy: For Rileigh_Luvs_HTTYD

Hi, Daddy

For Rileigh_Luvs_HTTYD

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are 11. Hiccup is 30.

Father- daughter one shot

*****************

Hiccup's P.O.V

***********

Dear Hiccup,

I've written so many of these letters. Maybe this time I'll actually send it to you.

I miss you so much, and I wished you hadn't left. You will always be the only one for me. I can't wait for you to come home. Neither can (Y/ N).

She's just like you. Her cute dimples, her auburn hair, her freckles. Even her personality is like yours. She's adventurous and daring but loving and caring to her friends and family.

Our daughter is so beautiful.

Remember the night before you left? Well, it left us with the most wonderful blessing. A child. A baby girl. Our (Y/ N) (M/N) Haddock.

She was born on (birthday). We were both nineteen when our daughter was born. She's eight now.

I've taped some pictures of her on the back of this. I hope you come home soon.

We miss you.

Love,

(M/N) and

(Y/ N).

A tear slipped down my cheek as I saw the messy handwriting underneath my late wife's. I turned it over and carefully removed the precious pictures from the back.

Many of them were of (Y/ N) smiling. Sometimes it had both (M/N) and (Y/ N). She had gotten her eyes from her mother.

I read the date of the letter. It was written three years ago. I pulled out another letter from the box. Each letter similar to the one taped to the lid.

The one on top said, Dear Hiccup,

You're coming home soon, so I think I should tell you something.

We have a daughter.

Her name is (Y/N) (M/N) Haddock and she was born in (Birthday). She is turning eleven soon. Tomorrow, actually. I hope you like her.

She looks so much like you, as you will soon see. Her personality is almost exactly like yours as well. Her smile can make even the darkest shadow brighten up and see the goodness in the world.

She's intelligent too, just like you. She skipped a few grades and is in her last year of middle school even though she's almost eleven. In six months, she'll be starting high school before she's twelve. She is excellent at thinking in tough situations and is as adventurous as you were back in the day. I have no idea how much you've changed since then though.

Anyways, you'll meet her soon.

Be careful and have a safe trip.

Love,

(M/N) Haddock.

It was written the day before she died. I never did get to meet my daughter, who died alongside her mother in the fire. Many bodies were burnt so badly they were unrecognizable.

I looked through many recent pictures of my beautiful daughter and her beautiful mother.

I opened the next letter.